Did I get a good deal back then

Mason357

Registered
I see all the deals people are getting on busas and was wondering did I get a good deal back in 2011. The busa was 13,799 back then with all the dealer fees it was going to be close to 19,000 I told the owner I would give him 15,000 otd and he accepted. So I was wondering was that a good deal for a brand new 2011. Everything was included tax title and license. This was April of 2011.

Don't know what the tax rates are in north Louisiana but they were the only Suzuki dealer around and they liked to tack on a bunch of fees such as freight etc. I've seen people getting a lot better deals. I figured if they wanted almost 19,000 I thought 15,000 would be a offer he would take.

Tax, title, license are industry standard, doc fee varies by state. Also some places charge a setup fee. What you paid for it is irrelevant at this point, as long as you don't regret the purchase, who cares?

I wonder 15 k vs 19 k if they had drawn up financing paperwork , and 19k was price after X years of financing .
15 K out the door for a new bike in same year that had a 14,xxx msrp would be about right .
Example 2014 bike bought new at mid 2015 was 12,994 after Tax / title / license . Put 6,000 down , and financed rest for 4 years @ 9% interest . That is just shy of $1,200 interest over the 4 years .
Maybe your paperwork was a high interest rate that showed total amount of 19,xxx .
You decided to pay cash that wipes al the xxxxx interest ?
Just my guess .

I purchased a left over 1982 Yamaha Seca 650 in 1986. I was young and it was the first bike I ever purchased, so I may not have negotiated strongly back then. Hope I didn’t pay too much.

I bought a new Chevelle SS 454 in 72 loaded except electric windows (imagine my disappointment as I had ordered it with them oh well) and paid 5200.00 financed 4,200ish and paid 136.00 per month for THREE WHOLE YEARS. Did I pay too much you think? I have been fretting over this since.

Last edited:
Worrying about if you paid too much 8 yrs ago is like worrying that your hair is falling out-it's not worth losing sleep.

If you were looking at a 2019 and had the same question, the responses you get might be a little more realistic.

Its one thing to ask about a deal BEFORE you purchased it, but you should never ask AFTER buying it. You'll end up hating the purchase and feel ill towards your bike, especially 8 YEARS after. Smh.

I got my 18 brand new with 1 miles on it (from my test drive) for 12.5k otd, taxes/papers/licenses/plates/fees. I found out that there were deals out there that were cheaper, but thats life. Someone, somewhere is going to get a better deal than you.

Last edited:
Back