Diablo Corsa Report

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday was the first ride with the new Diablo Corsa's, what a difference! We logged 320 miles, most of it above 80, some above 100 and one run up to 175. I love these tires. The first thing I noticed, right out of the gate, was how much quicker I could flick the pig right to left. Then, after about 15 miles of riding I did a roll on in second gear, traction is way better, almost no (detectable) wheel spin, front end came right up. We ran up hyway 10 along side the Illinois river, my confidence level went way up in the tight twisties, the corsa's stick like glue. More then anything else, they just have a great feel to them, hard to put into words but kind of a silky feel. Running them at 40 psi, took almost no weight to (.10) to balance them, and that was most likely the wheel. Story here, you get what you pay for....this will be my tire from here on out.
tounge.gif

I may give them a try. I've been running the M1's, and they have been great wearing tires. I may actually get 3 to 4 thousand out of the rear. However, when I get in the twisties the rear is sliding a little more than I would like.

no slide here, these tires feel like your on a rail. I would classify them as high speed twisties tires. You will be amazed at the increased side to side quickness, I don't know the proper term for what ever it is that makes a tire able to do this, but the Corsa's have it. Would not be a good drag race tire, imo.....but I am able to lift the front when coming out of the corner without feeling like the rear is going to come out from under me...

cool.gif
Thanks for the write up, MoonDog! I've been considering these as my
next set of rubber~ I'll be waiting to find out just how long they last ya~
wink.gif

Love the Diablos on roads that have curves. Anyplace with straight roads they are not worth the money. I think they are one o fthe best handling tires that I used. New England Roads and Smoky Mt. excellet. One of the worse tires I eve used for FL. straights, which just eats the center out. Looked like a new tire on the sides and showed cord i the middle quick, and I do ot rn my tires until the tread gets low.

I have the regular Diablo's and they are a great handling tire, easy to tip in... However I break the rear lose all the time and I have only about 800 miles on the rear front has about 500 miles. I would like to try the corsa's and the M1's but for the $ I have had good sucess with BT010. NE what tire u runnin now? And whats everyone think about an all around tire : handling, grip, milage
rock.gif

Back