Dealer prep

OB_SteveJ

Registered
I recently bought a Busa and am just waiting for the weather to improve before picking it up. The machine has been uncrated, but not yet preped and run. However, the dealer told me he will need to put 15 to 20 miles on it (per Suzuki recommendation) in order to assure all is correct with the fuel injection system. Does anyone know if this is true?

YIKES!!! Absolutely NOT! miles 0-100 are THE most important miles and I wouldn't want some shop-jockey having red-line fun at the expense of your 11K bike. I have never heard that, and it certainly wasn't done on my bike. Tell them YOU will let THEM know if there is a problem with the FI.

Tell them you expect 0 miles on your new scoot.

Happy riding!

[This message has been edited by Badagindo (edited 24 March 2000).]

You know I don't even remember how many miles my bike had but I think it was 2. I know it was not more than that. Also, more than likely it was Johnnycheese who rode it for those test miles. I think mine needs the throttle bodies synced because it does idle a little rough and is abrupt on the throttle down low. I will get JC to do that when I take it in for the 600 mile service.

Back