Dash wiring pinout ?

stevieturbo

Registered
Hi newbie here.

I'm looking to retrofit a Hayabusa dash circa 2002 into another vehicle. Would anyone have a pinout for the dashboard ?

I have the plug and there are 15 wires on it.

Speedo is a 220mph unit. Instruments are not set at zero, not sure if that's a problem or not ?

Thanks in advance

Stevie

Busa dash wiring

I think I have most things figured out, some not too sure.

Viewing rear of dash/connector, ie wire side.

Top row, left to right

Green = Right turn +12v
Black = Left turn +12v
Blue/Black = Engine coolant temp signal
Grey = 12v power
Yellow = Main Beam +12v
Green/yellow = Oil pressure switch -ve
Orange/green = 12v power also ?
Black/White = Chassis Ground

2nd Row again left to right

Black/White = Chassis ground
Red/Blue = Fuel Inj light +12v ?
Yellow/Black = Fuel level signal
Black/Red = Speed sender ( signal ? )
Pink = Speed sender ( ref power for sender ? )
Blank pin
Yellow/Blue = Tacho ( rev counter )
Black/Green = ?

Can anyone confirm if the above sounds right ? Would prefer not to damage anything

If it's a 220mph speedo it's from a '99 or a '00

Ive actually no idea what year. They just look the same as other's I seen for sale on ebay etc of those years.
But the speedo seems original, as it is dual marked in mph and kph

Image enclosed.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Ok no problem

The Grey wire appears to be a backlight. The Orange/green sees the needles do a full sweep and all the lights illuminate when power is applied. I assume that's the normal key-on sequence ?

The Blue/black wire I thought to be ECT, seems to illuminate the Neutral light when the dash is powered up and earth applied to it.

So need confirmation of the coolant temp sensor wire. And what lights up the FI lamp ?

Ok no problem

The Grey wire appears to be a backlight. The Orange/green sees the needles do a full sweep and all the lights illuminate when power is applied. I assume that's the normal key-on sequence ?

The Blue/black wire I thought to be ECT, seems to illuminate the Neutral light when the dash is powered up and earth applied to it.

So need confirmation of the coolant temp sensor wire. And what lights up the FI lamp ?

That is normal key on sequence, the guages always sweep and all the lights check.
I'm unsure of the color of the coolant temp wire.
The FI light comes on during the key on sequence then immediately goes out.
If it remains on it's telling you that the bike has a problem. If it stays on once the guages are on your bike and the bike runs, then you need to get the trouble code, reference it here, and it'll tell you what's causing the problem.
There's a diagnostic plug under the driver seat, jumping 2 of the wires will display the letter "C" and a 2 digit number on the guages. C00 means you have no codes, any other number and that references what's causing the problem.
If you need to know how to do this myself or someone here can post what to do, as well as the trouble code list.

That is normal key on sequence, the guages always sweep and all the lights check.
I'm unsure of the color of the coolant temp wire.
The FI light comes on during the key on sequence then immediately goes out.
If it remains on it's telling you that the bike has a problem. If it stays on once the guages are on your bike and the bike runs, then you need to get the trouble code, reference it here, and it'll tell you what's causing the problem.
There's a diagnostic plug under the driver seat, jumping 2 of the wires will display the letter "C" and a 2 digit number on the guages. C00 means you have no codes, any other number and that references what's causing the problem.
If you need to know how to do this myself or someone here can post what to do, as well as the trouble code list.

Thanks again. I'm fitting these to a car. So the bike isnt there, and I'm not using the bike engine.
Just the clocks are handy, they come complete and are an almost perfect fit in the hole ! I needed an electronic speedo as there isnt room for the mechanical one anymore as the dash bar of the roll cage fouls it. So these seemed like a good and pretty cheap alternative.

Tacho and speed signal arent a problem. Sorting a fuel sender isnt a problem. Basic left/right turn etc seem to work fine. Just the stuff mentioned above I'm unsure of.

I use a typical Bosch NTC coolant temperature sensor anyway, and the Busa seems to use this too. So in terms of signals that should be ok. Just not sure if the dash reads this directly, or if the bike ecu perhaps controls that part of the dash ( I hope not )

FI light isnt a big deal if it is also ecu controlled. I can re-wire that directly for another purpose if needed. But I must have a temperature gauge.

I'm unsure of what exactly the ecu controls on the 99/00, as the ecu changed in 01, and again from 02 to 07. Someone here knows the answer. If you haven't heard anything by tonight I'de bump the thread to get more eyes on it. There's quite a few regular guys on here in the evening that I'm sure know the answer.:beerchug:

On power up. All the lights light, then go off. Dials do a sweep, then go to where they should be.

ie fuel level where is should, rev counter to zero, temp gauge in my case to max ( no sensors connected.

However. My speedo whilst it does a sweep, returns to 40mph.

Is this a faulty speedo ? Ive powered the clocks up a few times, and the speedo never returns to zero.

On power up. All the lights light, then go off. Dials do a sweep, then go to where they should be.

ie fuel level where is should, rev counter to zero, temp gauge in my case to max ( no sensors connected.

However. My speedo whilst it does a sweep, returns to 40mph.

Is this a faulty speedo ? Ive powered the clocks up a few times, and the speedo never returns to zero.

The speedometer is probably ok, just the needle needs to be reset.

These guys can fix it.
www.welcometoblueguages.com

I'll give this a little update, in case anyone is interested

I have the clocks fitted and everything working.
Local electronic guy repaired the speedo, not actually sure what he done. I think it was physical damaged as opposed to anything else

I bought a little DIY Speedo signal adjuster kit from Jaycar in Oz, and now the speedo works accurately. It allows you to adjust +/- 100% in 1% increments.
And even I was able to build it !! Cheap too.

Rev counter signal is controlled by ecu, so no big deal there. It's working fine, albeit I will never use anything much above 7k

Fuel gauge works, but require a new sender to match the Busa calibration. Working on that now.

Temperature gauge. As thought this does require the Busa ecu to be in place as this info is fed via pin 56 Dash Data stream to the Dash.
The guy I bought the clocks from sold me the wiring and ecu at a good price. Bit of an extreme temperature gauge controller, but I'm happy it all works now !

So thanks for the advice and wiring information, workshop manuals etc.

Back