gen 1 Dash with standalone

202mphbusa

Registered
Looking at dash options with my Megasquirt Standalone
Then started thinking, how hard to use factory dash?
I found what I think is a correct pinout but there are a few tagged that I do no under stand
Some I surely can figure out (oil Pressure Neutral)
Some Not so sure without the board buddies
for instance two marked for speedo BLK/R And a Pink
One marked ECU Comm now my megasquirt wiring pinout has a wire marked Dash Data I would figure that would be that

Just thought of this on the way to work and sob sob have to work
When I get home after my run I am gonna break out a meter and the diagrams and see if I Should go this route

Hey,sorry you have to work...:confused: I was killing time looking a wiring schematics and ECU pin outs. There's a pink that comes off the gear position switch might be yer neutral going to the dash.Don't see a Blk/R. Interesting to look at and try and decipher. Are we talkin' 16 or 32 bit?
Rubb.

Looking at dash options with my Megasquirt Standalone
Then started thinking, how hard to use factory dash?
I found what I think is a correct pinout but there are a few tagged that I do no under stand
Some I surely can figure out (oil Pressure Neutral)
Some Not so sure without the board buddies
for instance two marked for speedo BLK/R And a Pink
One marked ECU Comm now my megasquirt wiring pinout has a wire marked Dash Data I would figure that would be that

Just thought of this on the way to work and sob sob have to work
When I get home after my run I am gonna break out a meter and the diagrams and see if I Should go this route
old post I know but I see it went unanswered.

Pink is the speedo signal wire, black/red is 12V to the speed sensor. the pink wire does require a pullup resistor on it for that circuit to work correctly.
Coolant gauge works over suzuki diagnostic wire, not a normal 0-5v signal like the fuel gauge is. At one time Tony Finley with a megasquirt had the coolant gauge working, though no idea how to get ahold of him these days.

My megasquirt...s
can be just plugged in and used
I did this for 4-5 years all the factory stuff worked fine
I have a Heavy load skip that I decided to rewire the whole bike and make it a true standalone

In my notes I have three I think wires marked to the dash two DATA to Dash
one RPM to dash

I wish I could get ahold of him
I would LOVE to have him add a second set of injector output leads

Old post but finally started doing the final wiring
My notes on the dash wiring shows
two grounds
a switched 12v
a Dash lights 12v

the one that confuses me is One is marked 12v fuel pump circuit?
Why does the dash see Fuel pump circuit?

This little guy might be of interest for you, finally had some boards made up so I am not soldering directly to header connectors for dash stuff and dash extension / conversion harnesses

20230111_150153.jpg

20230111_165557.jpg

What does it do?
basically a break out to the stock dash connector, so you could wire another dash into the stock connector without cutting old connector off, or soldering onto a header connector directly. And more importantly gives an easy way to power the stock speed sensor with the stock dash not there, provides pullup resistor to the speed signal, and gives a pullup to the fuel gauge signal wire.

Back