CycleProtect GPS alarm/install pics

(GoldenChild @ Aug. 31 2007,08:12) Nice Piece for sure but Alarms are good for DETERRING thieves,NOTHING will stop them...If they want it they gonna get it...I want an honest opinion does anyone here really know how long it would really take a theif to dismantle a busa and throw that complete system in the trash?
How deep into a Busa can you be in 3 minutes? How about 5? Or, make it 10 minutes...

I parked my Busa at the mall and walked across to the other side. I received a violation and told the call center to activate my tracking. By the time I could walk across the mall, three minutes, there was a local cop already with a kid in the back seat of his car.

The cop was just blocks away and on his computer display it showed a theft in progress and gave him the Google Earth Maps of my bike and its location. The cop was completely surprised at this display and the fact that this system was even available.

The kid was sitting on my bike while his girlfriend took pics for his MySpace page. The cop detained him til I got there asking me if I wanted to press charges for criminal trespass. I denied to do o but the kid was scared to death.

Let the criminals know we are out there looking for them. I don't care. Maybe they won't try to steal my BRIGHT YELLOW Hayabusa that the entire Hayabusa world should know is MINE!!! THe bike they steal next just might be owned by a cop too!

Thanks for the details, Tango,this is truly a sweet alarm. In comparison to alarms, I value my family life more than my bike. My home alarm was free including labor and installation. I only had to  sign a yr obligation contract with a yrlyCC license to operate (wireless).
I can accept paying a higher mthly service fees for your product but the initial cost is a turnoff for me personally.
Hopefully time with great sale success will bring the prices down or you guys can work somthing out where you can recoup your money or commision through  mthly fee by having your customer obligate to a 1 yr contract so us po folk can buy one.  
rock.gif

Oiviously the product will sell itself , just get'em hook (lower the price) and they will continue their service if its withn reason of course.

dude i don't think that the metal of a truck or van is gonna be enough to stop the signal if you think about it can you use your cell phone in a elevator which has tons of metal and bricks and cement and who knows what else so i dont really think thats gonna stop it i got lojack when i got my bike wich really was a big deciding factor since i live in a area where its not all that uncommon to get your bike jacked and since i live in some hood apartents its a really good start just hopefully the cops arent totally incompetent enought to wait longer than 24 hours until my biks been stollen to start the search cause thats how long the lojack backup battery last for

for all those that see a reason to punch holes in alarm systems:
YES thieves will steal your bike, IF THEY REALLY WANT TO. No alarm is going to stop them if they're smart....but then, they wouldn't be stealing if they graduated highschool
all_coholic.gif

YES-LoJack will not work in a panel-truck...My Cycleprotect DOES, and Im not sure about the setup Tango sells.
YES my system is cellular based and requires cellular satellites to gain location info-and since I live and ride in an urban environment where my bike is a target, i chose to buy an alarm that helps me sleep better at night.

fellas-if YOU dont like the system, DONT BUY ONE. but dont s**t on someone who DOES drop loot and then try to SHARE his info with others here so they DONT have to guess about a products' worth/ease of use/reliability.

I have had my system now operating for over 2 mos. n no problems...I always know where my bike is, but the only guy who can find it is ME-i didnt want some monkey lookin over my shoulder n seein whats goin on with me n my property-I take care of my own stuff, my own way
guns.gif

i apologize to the newbs who had valid concerns that I didnt respond to before...been away avoidin the  
poke.gif
 from the internet peanut gallery
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

hey big diesel dude great write up i have lowjack and you know what still want to install a alarm for added safety when i cant park my bike in my apartment so i fully understand you but maybe someone could apreciate the writeup about it instead of being an a$$ i know i did

Why not to buy same technology 100 times cheaper?

accutracking.com

$8 a month and boost prepaid cell phone for another $10.
Initial damage is $50 for the phone.
Same thing, less money.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 21 2007,01:17) Why not to buy same technology 100 times cheaper?

accutracking.com

$8 a month and boost prepaid cell phone for another $10.
Initial damage is $50 for the phone.
Same thing, less money.
rather than waste my time typing all the reasons why that system is a joke in comparison to Phantom Tracking and Cycleprotect....let me just say AGAIN-u get what u pay for.

no battery back-up
no shock/touch sensor on bike
NO ALARM
etc, etc, etc....
all_coholic.gif

but if you want the cheapest way to see how fast you're going-this accutrack is prolly a great deal.
beerchug.gif

You get what you pay for is not necessarily true all the time.

I tried LoJack and I think it`s complete waste for a lot of money. I can not really tell anything bad about system you have or Tango1300 system, in fact his story is pretty funny.

As addition to Scorpio Accutracking could be not bad considering the price.

me personally.. I don`t know, your system features is pretty amazing. but every system has it imperfections and I`m more interested knowing those cons. Is there any?

(BigDiesel @ Sep. 16 2007,07:15) for all those that see a reason to punch holes in alarm systems:
YES thieves will steal your bike, IF THEY REALLY WANT TO. No alarm is going to stop them if they're smart....but then, they wouldn't be stealing if they graduated highschool
all_coholic.gif

YES-LoJack will not work in a panel-truck...My Cycleprotect DOES, and Im not sure about the setup Tango sells.
YES my system is cellular based and requires cellular satellites to gain location info-and since I live and ride in an urban environment where my bike is a target, i chose to buy an alarm that helps me sleep better at night.

fellas-if YOU dont like the system, DONT BUY ONE. but dont s**t on someone who DOES drop loot and then try to SHARE his info with others here so they DONT have to guess about a products' worth/ease of use/reliability.

I have had my system now operating for over 2 mos. n no problems...I always know where my bike is, but the only guy who can find it is ME-i didnt want some monkey lookin over my shoulder n seein whats goin on with me n my property-I take care of my own stuff, my own way
guns.gif

i apologize to the newbs who had valid concerns that I didnt respond to before...been away avoidin the  
poke.gif
 from the internet peanut gallery
all_coholic.gif
No need to get upset Big D, I don't feel anyone is knocking your system, personally I like to know as much as possible about the pro's and con's of a procuct before I buy, especially its weakness. Tango, pretty much answered all of our questions satisfactory. With that said, as I said earlier its a nice system (top Notch) but too rich for my blood. I hold onto my scorpio for now.
race.gif

all_coholic.gif

it was my bad brah-a brother who left the RR fam back in June was still a good riding buddy to me personally and he went down the day after I came home from my 1st wedding anniv. trip-had to find out from his wife that he's in a coma with massive head trauma...been a lil edgy since then I guess.

and today I got to drive 40mi. to pick up my wife's girlfriend's car from the side of the road where the po-po left it. Her friend is still bein held n will most likely spend the weekend in jail now-possibly 30 days straight
SHOCKED.gif
guess she shuda paid her tix
all_coholic.gif

o well, now I got a '03 Merc CLK230 coupe to putt around in
beerchug.gif

Bike Thieves from Tx that come here now know to be on the lookout for bait bikes in that area...some time a little info is too much info...

"I am actually working directly with Harris County Auto Theft Detectives now in setting up "Bait" bikes for this specific tracking purpose. �This system will take a bite out of crime.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild|1188573460-->
Hey man ... don't use mine !
poke.gif
jump9.gif

I decided to go with a 4-layered approach to bike security for my 08.

L1: I store the bike in a garage. I use a bike cover if I need to stay at a hotel. Security by obscurity.
L2: I have a Scorpio alarm on it. It makes lots of noise if someone messes with it, and it sends me a pager signal. This is for the amateurs.
L3: I had a GPS tracking system installed on the Busa. This is for the Professionals.
L4: Insurance. The alarm and GPS make insurance cheaper. And if the bike does disappear, I can get another one.

As an added measure I have a few firearms that I willing to use if I catch someone in the act.
guns.gif

Hrmm, not to bring up old posts but I've been doing research on different alarms. Have a Scorpio right now and just want something that informs me better if something is happening to my bike. (What can I say? I want to shoot the mother f'ers, not arrest them)
But I just noticed, on the Phantom alarm website it says that the system can only be installed and registered by an authorized dealer...does that mean that if I buy it and install it myself that they won't allow me to register or even cover it?

you'd have to track down TANGO1300 for that info, BigZ-if you search for PhantomTracking threads you may find some info that way too-I dunno if he ever actually put up a thread about the system, or if he just jacked mine w/some info n that was it.

I can say that the CycleProtect system I have, I installed myself and only I know where everything is mounted-which means even a pro stealing my bike mite actually get caught before he realizes that its there..my cell gets notification txts w/in 2-3 minutes from actuall occurences.....that can lengthen when you have a low batt. on phone or are in a area w/limited coverage, but the GPS 'hits' will still register to your email acct. so you can look for your bike's last location on the web, no matter what. But only with password-coded access.
I spoke w/law-student bud n I dont think even if po-po found the system on your bike, KNEW what it was n what it did, they could not get court-approved access to your acct....and u could still deny'm anyway.

IMO-Cycleprotect offers more meaningful coverage for me-I dont have to answer some phone-call that my bike's bein jacked, I KNOW its bein jacked! n I can always 'look it up' on the web even when Im not near the bike if its locked up at home, and check to see what alarm codes have triggered, if any. And NOONE has access to any of that info but ME.  just tha way BigDiesel likes it

ps:the unit also has a low-battery warning alarm that it sends out when battery gets low (the Cycleprotect unit has its own stand-alone battery back-up. good for a day or two w/no power)....dont ask how I know about this feature...

For an extra $4 dollars a month, I got theft insurance on my bike. I care about it alot and I've got a scorpio alarm, but if they do steal it, oh well!

Yeah, I like the idea of getting paged or contacted in some way. The Scorpio only has a set range and I think my biggest fear is when I'm not around and it's parked for the day. Thats where I like the idea of somebody calling me to notify me that something is up but you have a point on being able to keep an eye on emails...pro's and con's to each I guess. Both notify you, Phantom maybe alittle quicker if you are away but then you need a dealer to install which seems is two states away from me.
sad.gif
I'm not riding my bike down to Cali just to install an alarm system.....hrmm...or am I? Ohwell, guess I got some time. For now I'll have to stick with my Scorpio and Glock until I have more money to spend on the bike.

Yeah, I like the idea of getting paged or contacted in some way. The Scorpio only has a set range and I think my biggest fear is when I'm not around and it's parked for the day. Thats where I like the idea of somebody calling me to notify me that something is up but you have a point on being able to keep an eye on emails...pro's and con's to each I guess. Both notify you, Phantom maybe alittle quicker if you are away but then you need a dealer to install which seems is two states away from me.
sad.gif
I'm not riding my bike down to Cali just to install an alarm system.....hrmm...or am I? Ohwell, guess I got some time. For now I'll have to stick with my Scorpio and Glock until I have more money to spend on the bike.
Talk to Everett Powersports on near the mall. They've been talking to Phantom for a couple of weeks now.

Back