Customer Serivce is no good!!

Rich

Registered
Well I have had alot of stuff chromed from classic components, and here is my opinion of there customer service. When I sent my stuff out to them I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks. I called them at the 1 week mark to make sure that they had recieved my stuff and that it was getting done ect. Well when I talked to the receptionist she told me that they had no record of my stuff! I was like that is bs I got my tag saying they had recieved it so what did they do with it, it turns out that she did not know what she was talking about, I had called back later and talked to someone else and they said oh ya it here it is?? So then I called (I called them for 3 days in a row with no answer and no returned calls, I left messages the 4th day I finally contacted them) them about the 5 week mark to check up on it and see how it was going and when it was going to ship out to me. I was told that it would ship out the following Tuesday, I was like cool (they are in socal and I am in nor cal). Well the friday after the tuesday I still had nothing so I waited until the next tuesday and nothing so I call them (this time was better 2 days of messages and then later on the 2nd day I someone answered) and I asked them what was going on with my stuff, I was told that it was not even done yet?? I was like WTF I was told that it would be done and shipped out to me on such and such date, he was like well that was the wrong info so then at the end of the 7th week it shipped out to me, it did turn out good. Also I sent them my vortex cap and vortex rear sets about 3 weeks into the first batch getting done. Well the same thing on them. I tried calling them to make sure that they had recieved them and it took me 2-3 days to talk to someone and then on those when the 5th week had rolled around I called them and was told that they would be done and ship out on that friday. So the next Wednesday rolls around and nothing so I try to call them again and I could not get in touch with the receptionist so I talk to a sales rep (Brad) he seemed like a cool guy. He told me that they would get it done and send it out the next week. So again on that Friday it was supposed to ship out and have it the next week and nothing so finally in the 8th week I recieved them (Tuesday). That is right I recieved them and the pegs had a little bit in the dipped in area that had chrome peeling off and then the gas cap had to nulled parts on the center part (that you grip to screw the cap in) and then the cap would not screw in to the base they had chromed the threads and there were swirl marks on it that would not come off. So I called brad back and told him the situation (oh ya they over charged my 95$ on that second batch) I called him as soon as I opened the box and noone answered the phone (imagine that). I explained the situation over the phone and that I wanted him to call me back. So he calls me back that night and I explain to him again what was wrong with it and that I wanted my 95$ back, I wanted them to refund my 85$ for the cap and the 35$ for the chrome job on the cap and that I was not even going to deal with having the pegs redone (that was not worth the hassle) He said ok that I would need to send him the reciept for the cap and that they would need the cap back so I did all of that and he said that he would get it taken care of. Well I send the cap out and then check the usps website the following week and it shows that they had recieved it (that was on Wednesday) and I did not recieve a call or a refund so I called him for 2 days (wed, thur) and left messages (no returned calls) so on Friday I called him 2 times and was told that he was busy and that they would give him a message and that they would make sure that he called me back, well it got to be about 1530 and he had not called so I called back and imagine this he was still "busy" so I told the guy that I was talking to that that was ok that he was busy but if he does not return by call and get the matter taken care of that he could read about this on some bike sites. Well guess what he called me back within 10 minutes. He gets on the phone and asks whats going on so I proceed to tell him what is going on and ask what is going on and why I have not got my money back yet. He says oh you must not have not got my message (no f'ing message) We refunded you 130 but we could not refund the money for the cap, I was like that was not what we had discussed (as soon as I sent off that cap and the reciept to him I bought one that was already chromed) he said well I don't recall that conversation (bull$hit) he told me that they were just going to redo the cap. I told him that he had just lost some future business. Then he starts well we did really good work for you and this and that. I end the conversation with it does not matter how well of a job that he had done that the customer service was probably the crapiest that I have ever encountered and that I could have gone to sport chrome and not had to deal with any of this bs and told him he could defend him self on the bike boards. SO TO ANYONE THAT IS LOOKING TO GET CHROME DONE I DO NOT RECOMMEND WWW.CLASSICCOMPONENTS.COM . If I had it to do over again I would go to sportchrome or some other shop. Sorry it was so long but I wanted to warn everyone.

damn dude sorry to hear i like Nick and the fellas at www.18889chrome.com just down the street from where the orlando magic play real stand up guys they have tons of busa chrome parts in stock waiting for exchange tons of different swingarms and they stand behind the service
smile.gif

Damn, Rich! I knew it had taken much longer to put the bike together, but didn't realize all that had happened. Guess I have to ask if you ever actually got your refund or the redone cap back?

I have not got 130 that they said they refunded yesterday (I am going to check on Tuesday and if it is not there I am going to have to call and gripe again) They are supposed to be doing the cap over again.  I already have another one because in the previous conversation he said to send him a reciept and they would refund the money.  I will never recommend or do business with these guys again.  My buddy down the road (03 black/gray busa) was goind to send all of his stuff and then I told him about what happened and then told him what I have been reading about sportchrome.

<!--EDIT|Rich
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085849427 -->

It really only takes one upset customer to cost someone a lot of business!

Actually in customer service they say a customer who has a bad experience will tell 14 people about the crappy service. A customer having a good experience will only tell 3. Its sad that these business' get some work to keep them running and or succesful they forget about the people that get them there. I would much rather be told that they cant get the work done until such and such time rather than be lied to and held up because of it. Even worse that salesmen could care less about Rich's situation.
argue.gif
You should e-mail the sales man a link to this page or the GM.

Simple these places will just stop getting are business. Tell them through e-mail that you are posting and give them a chance to answer. When we do not get answers we will not use that supplier. The list gets longer for good suppliers and even longer for DO NOT USE...

Sorry about the bad business, Rich. I will definitely keep this in mind when I start chroming my frame and small parts. I have heard a lot about Sport Chrome too.

That is what I ought to do. NE I should email them the link so he can state his side and maybe make it "right".

Back