custom wheels for only $800, wtf

not the ones I like lol
phoenix.jpg

Anyone know the weight difference B/T these and the stock rims? My thinking is ,Other than a bigbore or turbo. I need to lose weight on the bike.Rim? Cost effective Worth? CYKO rims do look good..

Weight loss on the wheel would effect handling more than weight loss on the tank. Also forks would make a difference too, its the sprung weight vs. unsprung weight thingy.
Carbon tank would be very cool though. Cheapest way to save weight on a bike is usually exhaust, titanium headers, mid pipe and a small can (ie. M4gp for gsxr 1000) would save you ridiculus amount of weight for a low price.

Easiest way to drop weight is probably buy a liter bike or go on a diet... Sorry, dumb response, stuck in the house due to rain and live 60 miles from the Dragon, grrrr... Not trying to threadjack but what type of weight savings is normally associated with replacement wheels?

Easiest way to drop weight is probably buy a liter bike or go on a diet... Sorry, dumb response, stuck in the house due to rain and live 60 miles from the Dragon, grrrr... Not trying to threadjack but what type of weight savings is normally associated with replacement wheels?
the 1000's just dont have the top end zing the busa's got (as if i need to tell you that) or the comfort level for the over 20 minute rides.
i lost my notes but some of the lighter front (aftermkt) wheels are around 6lbs.
whats a stocker weigh?
and thats no threadjack bro, droppin weight (as cheap as possible) was the whole point of this thread.
still waiting to hear the weight loss of the gsxr fork swap...
anybody?

I think I've done all I can do except , Big bore or turbo. , Brocks exhaust , PC, NOS , Pair-vale removed , Yoshi cams,Short muffler, airshifter, airbox mod, etc etc.. . I guess weight is the next thing. I like the looks of the CYKO wheels ,but 2K for 2lbs of weight difference doesnt seem worth while. ( Not sure about the 2 LB part but I bet I'm close) I have thought about getting another bike this fall but what to get ? GSXR 1000 , New Busa, 08 z-14 , R-1 ?? Or just turbo mine. Not try'in to jack the thread but Less weight or more HP and best bang for the buck is a big deciding point. Does anyone think Rims will get cheaper if the economy gets worse? Would a group buy get them cheaper? I guess buying the rims would lighten the wallet !!

Back