Cush Drive

karnage

Registered
I am buttoning up the rear wheel and noticed a little side to side play in the cush drive.Is that normal??I didnt check before I took it apart.It rotates fine and I centered the wheel and tightened the axle as much as I could.Can you reuse the stock chain guard when doing a stretch??Mine rubs and I assume its because the wheel is pushed back in a different spot.No biggie I guess.I can trim it some.I will take pictures tomorrow.My wife got me some sweet billet mirrors for my birthday:thumbsup:

You should have a little play, but not a lot. Something my bike needs now. You can buy the heavy duty cush drive rubbers. I know Smithbusa had them. Check with sponsors

The rubbers looked good just a little side to side play.Front to back is good and tight still but I will be doing new ones this winter.Now to test this out with a 6 inch stretch on it.

What does a cush drive do?
cush-drive-cast-alloy-wheel.jpg
it helps to soften the transfer of power from the wheel to the drive line.. in the picture your sprocket/hub has fingers that fit inside the wheel assembly. In this case in between the rubber cush drives

Back