Crush washer help!

Rayc263

Registered
I have been AWOL from the .Org for a while.... Not sure why, but good to be back!

Need some help guys. Drained my oil yesterday and for the life of me I can not get the crush washer off! I have done oil changes before, but this time the crush washer WILL NOT COME OFF!!!! So do you guys have any ideas? I tried a screw driver, pliers, needle nose and some bulky wore snips! Sooooo it is all beat up and still on there! Help please.

If you have a vice you could try and put the bolt head in the vice and remove the crush washer that way. Other than that, just keep working about it and it will eventually come off. Since you have destroyed it for the most part, leaving it on is out of the question.

No vice. Starting to think I was given a smaller crush washer. Never had this problem with any other oil change. Guess I will just have to keep working it or buy some small wire snips. Thanks though :thumbsup:

Yes I know. It's a skinny lil thing and most nail clippers will cut thru it. Ask me how I know, I triple dog dares ya..:poke:

No vice. Starting to think I was given a smaller crush washer. Never had this problem with any other oil change. Guess I will just have to keep working it or buy some small wire snips. Thanks though :thumbsup:

Like the vice idea, but if no vice try a wrench on the bolt with a large pair of vice grips on the washer.

I have always had good luck holding the washer with my hand and "unscrewing" the bolt so that the washer runs up the threads.

Stuck to bolt. Any idea how much a new bolt would run? Just in case Blancas toe nail clipper idea fails me!

6.19 + 1.55 crush washer.. go to your local dealer they should have them in stock.. to me for the effort id just pay for a new one instead of paying for stitches hahaha OEM Parts

or use a pair of vice grips on the washer and put a wrench on the bolt and spin it out but like i said i would just buy a replacement but thats me lol

6.19 + 1.55 crush washer.. go to your local dealer they should have them in stock.. to me for the effort id just pay for a new one instead of paying for stitches hahaha OEM Parts

Thanks. That may be the route I go because most options either are either dangerous and may require stitches or slip and get a black eye lol

Back