Crappy weekend

ibified

Registered
So my wife was on the way home from shopping saturday and some woman ran a redlight and t-boned her doin about 40 mph. The wife was in a Toyota Corolla, the woman who hit her was in a GMC Jimmy. According to the police report, the woman in the Jimmy never hit the brakes and hit her doing approximately 40 mph. The driver's side door was crushed so bad that the INSIDE PANEL is bulging out. Also, the A pillar was folded, the B pillar was creased, the rocker panel was folded under, the passengers side rear door is destroyed, both drivers side windows are gone, the windshield is cracked (from the stress from the folded A pillar) and the whole dash hs shifted over about 3/4".

The good news, first and foremost, was that my wife wasn't badly hurt. She's got a couple small bruises and some soreness/stiffness in her neck and shoulder. Fortunately, the CAT scan she had at the hospital didn't show anything out of the ordinary. Also, they determined that the accident was 100% the fault of the woman in the Jimmy.

As for the car: they totalled it out and they gave us a check for $4880 for the car. Now, Kelly Blue Book on the car (a 1999 VE with 107k miles) is about $3500 in good condition. I'm not going to complain about the settlement, and was quick to deposit the check lest they come to their senses.

So, we've spent a fair amount of this week looking for a new car. We decided on a 2007 Civic EX. With model year end clearance going on right now, we were worried we wouldnt find anything we liked, but we lucked out. Not only did we get it in our first color choice, but we got it for $18,500 out the door, including delivery, tax, and mudflaps. Again, I'm not going to complain, as MSRP on the car is $19,510, not including sales tax and delivery. Total (at MSRP) was something like $21,500 with delivery, tax, and mudflaps.

We got VERY lucky.

Dang... Sucks about the wreck, but as I've come to learn, and I'm telling you now, most everything works out for the better as seen in yall getting the deal on the car you wanted and more than value on the wrecked car.
bowdown.gif

Sorry to hear about the wreck. Congrats on the new car. Post a pic, I love pics! Hope your wife feels better soon, prayers sent.

Thanks guys. We arent picking the car up until early next week, but I'll post pics once we get it home. I plan on stopping off at Tire Rack on the way home as well as the window tinter. Stock wheels suck on the civic, and I hate untinted windows.

Sweet, i need to get some windows tinted too. i think I will put some 19's on my wifes car.
super.gif

not goin ro 19s on the civic. why put 19s on it when 20s will fit?

J/K...We're sticking with the stock 16s because i dont want to lose the ride quality, and don't want to buy new tires too.

I thought about that, I want the look but conservative, tint the windows, rims and tires, everything else stock. you know, class the joint up a bit without blinging it out. (my kids hate it when i try to talk hip!)
super.gif

Sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad your wife wasn't hurt. Congrats on the new car.

beerchug.gif

I'm glad your wife's okay; sounds like a miserable experience
sad.gif

Congrats on the new car
cool.gif

'm sorry your wife got bumps and bruises but it could have been so much worse. Thank goodness she is gonna be ok!

Hope your wife feels better soon.. Good moving cashing the check quick. I wish other people would pay more attention to their driving!
wow.gif

Glad the Wife is OK !!!!

My wife Drives a Cadillac Escalade for that Reason. It's build like a Tank
muscle.gif

(Bosshound @ Aug. 11 2007,01:17) Glad the Wife is OK !!!!

My wife Drives a Cadillac Escalade for that Reason.  It's build like a Tank  
muscle.gif
yeah it is =) We decided on the civic for 2 reasons. Reason #1 is my wife likes to drive small cars. Reason #2 is because of what happened to a friend of mine in his '06 civic. he and his son (who was in a child safety seat - hes only 3 yrs old) got hit head on by a delivery truck, and he walked away and his son didnt even wake up from the nap he was taking.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and well wishes, all. Pics of the new car will be forthcoming tomorrow.

Glad to hear she is okay, she will love her civic over the corolla.

I have 200k on my 98.
super.gif

Back