Crap like this really bothers me!!

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
So I am reading the news about this giant squid..

How rare they are, that they might be more plentiful than thought...

And in the article it mentions on how happy the researchers were that they were able to film a LIVE GIANT SQUID!! WOOOOO HOOOOO

As a matter of fact, the title of the article is

"Japan Researchers Film Live Giant Squid"

But then you read in the article that they filmed it LIVE while they were trying to capture it..

And the catpure resulted in the death of the creature..

WTF!!! they were so excited to FILM ONE LIVE yet they try to capture and kill it and like "Oh well, gee darn we killed it"

I just dont understand and it tics me off, once again, humans kill something they themselves say is special and it is like "oh well"

Grrrr..

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20061222/D8M5RPSG0.html

Everything on this planet seems to be driven by dollar signs. Dollars themsleves have no soul and are worthless without the perceived value attached manually and therefore nobody "CARES" about the dollars themselves, yet their value outweighs life somehow. That's how I see most things here. I'm starting to look forward to returning to my universe where everything is not backwards and stupid like it is here.

Bottom line, if there wasn't some money involved in it, they wouldn't have tried to capture it - science grants, public show, whatever.... CASH killed the Squid

as a side note, isn't that the location where Godzilla lives? You take his food supply away and he's gonna be p!SS3D
godzilla.jpg

UNfortunately in the interest of trying to learn more about something, often times we kill it inadvertantly. Even dead, the G. Squid will offer more to researchers than we've had before, composition, reproduction etc... It is a shame, but thats science.

And I agree, if they begin harvesting the G Squid, the whales will be moving out as well, and that leave Godzilla no other choice than to begin her reign of terror on Japan! If only we could guide her to N. Korea, then Iraq.....

(WWJD @ Dec. 22 2006,11:35) as a side note, isn't that the location where Godzilla lives? You take his food supply away and he's gonna be p!SS3D
godzilla.jpg
Bwah ha ha!! YEAH BABY!!

Hope they piss off Godzilla!!
crazy.gif

I read it also. I am thinking like you....let it go.

Hell.... if it was a mermaid they would probably shoot it to get it on the boat.

(BlueHaya @ Dec. 22 2006,16:39) Hell.... if it was a mermaid they would probably shoot it to get it on the boat.
wink.gif
Yep ! You know they would !

Not sure exactly what the point of the captue was. Science for who??? But I get kidded for not hunting animals. Maybe if I couldn't afford to buy food at the market I'd be out there. Anyhow, enough from me. I can get carried away on this. I know everyone doesn't have the same opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own.

These things live so deep in the ocean that they are rarely ever seen let alone captured.

This was in fact a small one at 25 feet or so. 60 foot is the large one.

Can you imagine 60 feet?
wow.gif

runeight...

You know, I've learned something here today. Something very important that touches me in a way that is sure to have an impact on me for the rest of my life!

In my lifetime so far, it had never occurred to me to try thousand island dressing on my Calimari. This opens up new culinary possibilties. Thank you, thank you so much for opening my eyes and my heart to this wonderful possibility.

I feel I've just grown a little as a person, and now really look forward to my next serving of captured and killed squid. I may hit Red Lobster for lunch.
smile.gif

PS Long John's Silver's "Lobster Bites" are really just "Shrimp" renamed on a scientific classification technicality. thought you should know

(DaCol. @ Dec. 22 2006,13:52)
(ToyKraz @ Dec. 22 2006,12:40) Calamari anyone?
Yum Yum, I like Calamari  
tounge.gif
, especially with 1000 Island Dressing  
biggrin.gif

YUM YUM  
beerchug.gif
Call it closed minded or just that I grew up with certain things being done certain ways... but Thousand Island dressing on Calamari is just sacriligious at the least... Calamari in a spicy tomatoe sauce, stuffed with chopped garlic, basil, porcini mushroom, breadcrumbs, and romano cheese... now thats the way to eat a squid.

Side note: giant squid have a heavy dose of ammonia in them for buoyancy... so you can't eat the dang things... plus I hear they are tough... LOL

Back