crank shaft balancer

(gnd111 @ Sep. 14 2006,12:39) Send your crank off to APE for balancing and lighteneing and be good to go...
does the crank have to be rebalanced in order to remove the crank balancer? or can i just take the crank balancer off??

dont remove the crank balancer very bad idea. unless its a drag only bike an you dont want the motor to live very long. just send it off to ape to get lightened an be done with it.

I had no issues with removing mine. 10,000 plus miles with plenty of other motor mods and a sidewinder exhaust. that untouched crank/motor is now in my 500hp turbo bike with nary a problem.

(JorNic Motorsports @ Sep. 15 2006,04:26) I had no issues with removing mine. 10,000 plus miles with plenty of other motor mods and a sidewinder exhaust. that untouched crank/motor is now in my 500hp turbo bike with nary a problem.
i have my engine apart is there anything i need to do after removing?  is as simple as just removing and leaving shaft installed??? Whats the pro's and cond's of this mod? Thanks

vibrations are the reason it is there ... removing it without re-balancing just leads to less dampening. you may or may not ever notice it.

just remember that vibration = movement ..... crank journals are where most contact is being made...the wear would be increased.... whether or not premature wear would occur depends on the amount of dampening it was providing in the first place.

'most' people trade/sell their bikes before this type of wear would make a difference.

beerchug.gif

Ok i heard some people remove it but i dont want to get the crank balanced or anything like that so i just will put it back for now.

Definately don't remove it without balancing the crank.
Most of them we get in for lighten and balance, the customer has us remove the balancer gear from the crank.

Jay

Back