Corbin Busa saddle---Is it worth the $219 ???

OB_Xen Racer

Registered
I have the Corbin, it looks pretty cool in the carbon fiber and is comfortable for long cruises. But as has been stated, the unit is not designed for Knee draggin'. Suzuki is making a gel seat with a simulated carbon fiber section for the Busa. I have ordered one and will let you guys know how it feels and looks.

Peace

KawAbuser,the person still wants the seat and I'm holding the seat until the money is sent.I've been waiting since Sept.29 or so.Do you think I will ever get the money?The seat is still in the plastic.Oh well it's like waiting for a virgin wife!!!!!!!

I can't imagine that there would be that big of a difference between a stock Busa seat and a Corbin. If someone thinks it's worth the extra dough, please tell me why.

This topic has come up a few times in the past and from what I can remember, most guys didn't feel it was worth it. Apparently the new busa seat is extremely comfortable whereas the Corbin is a saddle cut, needs to be broken in and is hard to hang off of, Designed for standard riding -- not squiding!
:)

In Calif. the corbin seats are $219 out the door including tax only when corbin has a special sale other than that the price in California is around $239.As far as the difference it would depend on how much butt area you have,meaning how wide is your rear end and how much fatty tissue you have under your skin.The corbin seat is nice to sit on and I'm thinking of buy one for my Harley.I have a corbin seat that I bought for a member on this site and it is a good looking seat in carbon fiber style cover and feels good when sitting on it.

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 07 January 2000).]

I do alot of 300-500 mile days and I think its worth it if thats what you do.If you do small 100-150 mile days with lots of knee dragging I would stay with the stock seat.

As I said the last time this rolled around, saddles are for horses. Corbin makes a good product for cruisers, not sport bikes.

I had a Corbin on my CBR-1000F, which had a lousy stock saddle, and it was better, though not great. The Busa seat is by far the most comfortable stock seat I've ever had on a bike. I can ride it all day, as long as I can stop for a short while every 1-2 hours.

I have a Corbin on my cruiser and I like it better than stock. I don't think the Corbin design would be very comfortable for racing postures though.

I cannot emaigine putting one on a Busa. As mentioned above, they are shaped and contoured for a static sitting position. I really like the Busa stock feel.

I have a Corbin seat on my 750 Turbo as well as my ZX9. But personally I feel that the Busa does not need one. The stock seat on the Busa is very comfy.

John Turbo810

I have a Corbin on my bike. Had a Corbin Gunfighter on my last bike. The aftermarket seat was absolutely necessary on my last bike, but definitely not on the Busa. The only down side to the Gunfighter was that it locked you into one position, something the Corbin for the Busa doesn't do. You can still move around pretty well, though not quite as well as the stocker. The Corbin for the Busa also crowds the jewels a little in the front where it meets the tank. The Corbin takes at least 1000 miles to break in.
Having said that, I still prefer the Corbin because on any trip over 200 miles in one day it is far more comfortable, and the farther I ride the bigger the difference. Also there is the minor matter of appearance. It's subjective, but the Corbin's appearance puts the stocker on the trailer.
The Corbin isn't really necessary,but then most of the stuff we put on our Busas isn't, either. It is good value for the money, though if it happens to fit your needs.

Back