Coool ride today  [bad pics included]

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Went riding on this gray day in Iowa. Took the helmet cam and filmed the whole deal. Here's some bad stills from my boring home movies...
"Lake Parking Lot"

apt.JPG

did you know your slow driving would land your pic on the internet?

pass1.JPG

no, I'm not all into speed passing... these peeps were doing 30 in a 55

pass2.JPG

finished the run with a nice long stretch, put to good use. whindchill gets pretty nasty at [ahem] 65

strait.JPG

nice?? Where you riding at...I woulda rode today but I tore my bike down today.... removed the exhaust and PAIR and I now await my new BDE system.

They must not use salt on the roads in Iowa?

In winter, our dry road almost look snow covered due to the salt that's dried up on them.
wow.gif

Helmetcam: Samsung MiniDV w/ wide angle duct taped to the side of my helmet. looks silly but works great!

Fst: This was west of Des Moines, off I-80 heading north, near Van Meter I think

stkr: oh yeah, much salt, just not yet. not enough snow anywhere, most of it dried after plowing. I rode VERY cautiously, ALWAYS looking for water, ice, sand, salt, snow, slush, wind, deer, cops, ufo's, cars, mudslides, forrest fires, tiny people, oil, vinegar, lettuce, tomatos, mustard

I rode one day when it was sunny but icey out. My advice: never do that. have to skip using front brake at all and when you turn your forward momentum overrides ALL steering, and you have to have your legs stretched out on both sides like training wheels.... this was all on a much lighter bike too. No fun, trust me on this one.
smile.gif

Were you out on I-80 going west at about 230 if so I saw you.I was coming home from Atlantic.I hope you have some place to wash your bike off good that salty crap they put on the roads is really hard on aluminium parts.
COME ON SPRING TIME

jeezo! Another Iowan!! We're all over this place.
smile.gif
If you mean Sunday around 2:30, yeah that would have been me: black full leathers, all black helmet with silver duct taped camera on right side!!! hahahahaha that's too funny - small world!

Were you out on I-80 going west at about 230 if so I saw you.I was coming home from Atlantic.I hope you have some place to wash your bike off good that salty crap they put on the roads is really hard on aluminium parts.
COME ON SPRING TIME
y0 hooken man you ride a busa???

even if you don't we'll have to hook up in the spring and ride...I"m always lookin for new people to ride with...

I"m in w'loo also.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070976897 -->

fstbusa yeah I ride a busa SE. DO you work at the Busa store in Wloo? I ask cause I would like to see your bike sometime. I want to see how you lowered it. I want to do mine.
Spring time ride sounds good.

Leer's you mean?? nah...check ya pm...

Back