Coolant low?

06limited1st

Registered
Just took off my left fairing cause Im having it painted and seen the coolant reserve and looks like it's just a little over the "L"... Should I just add a little water or what? Bike has 560 miles on it so it's original coolant... Thanks for any advice in advance!

distilled water and coolant fill to the second line
smile.gif

later on ya might want to think about going with engine ice and a muzzy fan helps her stay a bit cooler
race.gif

So just any coolant that will work in an aluminum radiator with distilled water? I just wasnt sure if there was a certain kind cause I know some coolants arent good with mixing..

Use distilled water and coolant for normal street riding.

Distilled water and water wetter if you goto track days and aren't worried about it freezing in low temps. Water/water wetter cools better than coolant.

I was just about to go put some in mine, it was low when I took the side off tonight.

It was probably never filled to the F line when you bought it. Ride around for a 1/2 hour and once the bike is warm it'll be at the F line.

I changed the oil in my bike today (01 black and gray) and everything was great. Rode about a mile parked and noticed a large pool of coolant on the ground under my bike. I did not see any lose hoses. Somebody help me please.

Was the coolant there to begin with? Perhaps you didn't notice it?

I would take the fairings off and look for signs of leaks. What's the level like in the overflow bottle?

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

Where in MO are ya?

Back