Suzuki Coolant?

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
I am replacing the coolant in the radiator. I pulled the lower hose off the water pump and drained the system. I wanted to know why when discussing anti freeze type coolants for their bikes no one mentions using the factory stuff. Is the after market coolants that much better or is it just fashionable to say I have this or I have that coolant in my bike. If no one has run into any cooling difficulties with the Suzuki 50/50 premix coolant I'll probably run that unless advised by the collective to do something else. I did something similar with my CBR 1000 I flushed the system and ran the Honda 50/50 premix with no problems. Wardie

stock stuff is fine if your just running the street.:thumbsup:

trackdays/big bores/turbo might be a different story

Just like Suzuki oil (or Honda, Yamaha, etc..), it is nothing special. It is made by one of the coolant companies and put into a Suzuki bottle. If you want to search some I am sure that you could find out who actually makes it for them.

Just like Suzuki oil (or Honda, Yamaha, etc..), it is nothing special. It is made by one of the coolant companies and put into a Suzuki bottle.

+1

That's why alot of people just buy their own. Why pay extra for the name Suzuki being printed on the bottle.

for personal preference, "engine ice" works really well and keeps her cool on those hot days when your sitting in traffic. a little pricey($20 a gal.) but i think it's worth the money

i run engine ice in the dirt bike but thats abused the whole time its running... busa surprisingly gets shorted to prestone 50/50.... never had a problem even on the hot days love that busa though

any decent ethylene or propylene glycol coolant will work fine (name brands usually have the best additive packages).. Make sure to mix correctly.. if you go over the 50/50 rule, you will not have enough water in the system and the cooling capability of the fluid is diminished..

Engine ice is simply "propylene glycol" (may have some extra surfactant added however) (MSDS are a bit cryptic and as I work for a medical facility, I can get access to the "other" information :) )

I purchased 3 qts. of Suzuki pre mix and added 9 ounces of Redline water wetter.

I don't expect any cooling problems . The coolant I removed was bright blue in color so I don't know what could've been. Wardie

Back