Congressman John Murtha dead...

John Murtha on the Issues
EXCELLENT LINK

As a republican I not always agreed with him but as you can see he voted fairly well along the lines of what we think .
He spoke his mind and meant his words.
He never ran from any controversy no matter how loud I yelled at him thru the TV.
He was a man whom when called served and was willing to die in a foreign land for your right to say as you wish.
He understood things but just saw them from a different point of view.
I watched him on CSpan regularly.
Still watch both senate and congress regularly .
He was a man who had great character was human and made a few mistakes .
Better than 98% of the rest of them there.
Even as a liberal he had an A+ pro gun rating from the NRA.
One of the few allies we had on that side .

Like others have said must have been doing something right cuz they kept re-electing him.

RIP

John Murtha on the Issues
EXCELLENT LINK

As a republican I not always agreed with him but as you can see he voted fairly well along the lines of what we think .
He spoke his mind and meant his words.
He never ran from any controversy no matter how loud I yelled at him thru the TV.
He was a man whom when called served and was willing to die in a foreign land for your right to say as you wish.
He understood things but just saw them from a different point of view.
I watched him on CSpan regularly.
Still watch both senate and congress regularly .
He was a man who had great character was human and made a few mistakes .
Better than 98% of the rest of them there.
Even as a liberal he had an A+ pro gun rating from the NRA.
One of the few allies we had on that side .

Like others have said must have been doing something right cuz they kept re-electing him.

RIP

If you keep this up Blanca, these kool-aiders are going to frame you as a liberal hugger. Now stop it!

the reason Murtha was beloved by his constituents is obvious and easy...

his nickname.....

Murtha, King of Pork, PA...

the man POURED pork money into his state... he was known for it... he brought lots of money to his people... and they loved him for it..

I respect folks for the views .
I vote for them on the issues.

I voted for Lawton Chiles here as Gov because he was pro gun as well.
Murtha was a decent guy and when it comes down to the few issues that really concern me he was not that far off.
I would give him a hug and probably a vote.
The dems and repubs have flipped sides so many times it makes me sick .

Perfect example Arlen Spectre.

How in the world can one be a republican all his life and then based on fear of being unemployed change sides and keep his job !
TRAITOR !
Should have been tarred feathered and then strung up as an example to the rest who put pay and themselves first before the people who put them there !

Still fumin over that.
Absolute frigging money hungry thoughtless POS Spectre is .

I respect folks for the views .
I vote for them on the issues.

I voted for Lawton Chiles here as Gov because he was pro gun as well.
Murtha was a decent guy and when it comes down to the few issues that really concern me he was not that far off.
I would give him a hug and probably a vote.
The dems and repubs have flipped sides so many times it makes me sick .

Perfect example Arlen Spectre.

How in the world can one be a republican all his life and then based on fear of being unemployed change sides and keep his job !
TRAITOR !
Should have been tarred feathered and then strung up as an example to the rest who put pay and themselves first before the people who put them there !

Still fumin over that.
Absolute frigging money hungry thoughtless POS Spectre is .

The same way Joe Liberman can....

I hope his constituency go pitchfork and torch in hand to his house.... Liberman has burned his voters up down left and right so bad...

I am a Viet Nam Veteran from the United States Marine Corps and NEVER would ridicule/insult a deceased Marine, Democrat, Republican or Independant. Our Country is great because of that brotherhood.....it is lessened because of your words( I refer to "POS"). Doyle Smith

Murtha is an EX Marine not a former Marine. A former Marine has Honor.

Goes in for a normal gall bladder surgery.
It was even done Laparoscopically.
The surgeon 'nicked' his intestines which led to internal infection.
He is dead 2 days later ?

Um....durn !

Murtha is an EX Marine not a former Marine. A former Marine has Honor.

You know something Aussiewhatever, you don't have the juice to sit in judgement on a man with a chest full of combat ribbons. To indict a man you know so little about just because he sees the world from a different perspective than you is shallow and a big contributor to why there is so much hatred in this Country.
I am a proud Progressive and am tired of tiptoeing around the Conservatives on this org simply because I don't want to anger anyone.
This Country is great BECAUSE we dissagree on issues, not in spite of. It takes a real man to allow others to be who they are.

Doyle Smith

This Country is great BECAUSE we dissagree on issues, not in spite of. It takes a real man to allow others to be who they are.

Doyle Smith[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. But Murtha went against his own.............That is very bad business.
And I am not a conservative, I have voted for both Dem and Rep.............

Last edited:
i guess im missing the "he went against his own"

he generally won his district by close to a landslide.... his approval ratings in his home state were pretty darn good...

i cant say i know much about the man beyond being big on pork spending for his own state, hes obviously not my rep... but he seemed to do well for his constituency...

I agree 100%. But Murtha went against his own.............That is very bad business.
And I am not a conservative, I have voted for both Dem and Rep.............
When your own are wrong, it is good business to let them know that. Just beacuse you served with someone, or are friends, brothers, parents whatever doesn't mean you agree with what they do. It means (to me anyway) you follow your conscience. Don't turn your back on them, but don't go against what you believe to be true and good simply because they do. Given his voting record, it seems Murtha did exactly what an elected official should do, he voted as his constituents wanted him to. regardless of party politics.

The man spoke his mind and was not afraid to do it.
And that is a beautiful flag behind him !

He had his moments

When your own are wrong, it is good business to let them know that. Just beacuse you served with someone, or are friends, brothers, parents whatever doesn't mean you agree with what they do. It means (to me anyway) you follow your conscience. Don't turn your back on them, but don't go against what you believe to be true and good simply because they do. Given his voting record, it seems Murtha did exactly what an elected official should do, he voted as his constituents wanted him to. regardless of party politics.

I agree. OK, I'm going to backpedal to the store for some milk. Good point. But it is his opinion and opinions don't always ring truth.

nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye! After the things he accused our troops of over in the sandbox, I can't see how anyone could really say RIP

Mr Brown I think his constituents were dedicated to him because of his own dedication to himself. They voted for and followed him for his truth. He never waiver or waffled like a typical liberal. Was always true to his words and thoughts. Thats why as a republican I admired him because I knew exactly what I faced.
Ask him a question and get an answer. A month later answer will be same.
May not be what I would have wanted to hear but at least you knew where he stood.
Cant say that for folks like , Pelosi, Schumer, and the other liberals.

That may well be the case, he was a politician after all, but I do believe he was one of the ones more dedicated to his constituents....
Enjoy your milk!:beerchug:

Yes, he was dedicated to his people. I hope they find a replacement a little more centered.

And the milk was better than I expected. Thanks.

Where in Illinois are you? I am from Palatine, born in the drug store there.

Last edited:
Back