it has no name it everyt time i erase it it comes back a few days later
i have norton but it says everthing is ok
WTF?
rock.gif

then why does this thing keep popin up on my desk top
when i didnt save it or download it???
how do i check if all is ok??

~

thats what the stupid thing looks like on my desk top and it shows up in the same place everytime
WWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

rock.gif

do you use outllok express?? If so, stop and delete the icon and the .exe and never look back. I had something like that happen after using OE. delete all your cookies, all your IE files, run virus scanner and Adaware spyware removerfree online virus scanner/cleaner
free adaware

Wait! I'm not a computer nerd!

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079271858 -->

yea, download and install the Adaware. it will remove any ad crap.

btw, 'geek' would be the proper word.....

Ninja is right....run ad aware often. Also, be sure to download the latest signature files. I would also recommend that you get your hands on windows washer. It can remove all the cookies and IE history for you without any technical knowledge on your part.

A lot of virus attacks come through outlook or outlook express. An easy alternative is to download netscape 7.1 and use the e-mail manager that comes with it. You will get some pop up ads with netscape--the downside. There are also several other e-mail programs that are out there, but take a little more effort to find and use.

I use Mcaffee's virus scanner. It comes with a firewall, too. That is useful if you are on cable modem or dsl and are connected all the time. It seems like virus/worm/trojan horse programs get thru your software even with these antivirus programs like Norton and McAffee.

Deleting your cookies is easy. You don't need to buy a special program to do this. With IE, just to to "tools", then to "internet options", and then on the "general" tab you will see "delete cookies" as an option. Just under that is a button to clear your history too. Doing both of these things is not likely to keep a real virus from messing with your computer, however.

Back