compact GPS

reiny

Registered
I'm just wondering if anyone uses the small pocket sized GPS.They are on sale for approx 200.00 Cdn. I 'm thinking of keeping it in my pocket and then i would stop and pullover to refer to it.This way i cud use it in my car too!
Is anyone else doing this, or does this sound too crazy?
I can't see spending 700.00 - 900.00 bucks for a really good one,t thats just me!
Thanks in advance for any opinions.

I'm just wondering if anyone uses the small pocket sized GPS.They are on sale for approx 200.00 Cdn. I 'm thinking of keeping it in my pocket and then i would stop and pullover to refer to it.This way i cud use it in my car too!
I can't see spending 700.00 - 900.00 bucks for a really good one,t thats just me!
200cdn? How much is that in real money? joke, good question...I've been thinking about the same thing, a portable GPS that could be used when/if I go hunting or hiking.

200cdn?  How much is that in real money?  joke, good question...I've been thinking about the same thing, a portable GPS that could be used when/if I go hunting or hiking.
200.00 in Canadian is about the same in US funds now i think.......

Check out Costco, they had their waterproof Magellan 2200T for around $200. I have one and it works great. Has all of US and Canada software. Check it out!

Bass Pro had the Garmin eTrex waterproof handheld on sale on Thanksgiving day for $92. I don't know what regular price is. I got one of those and I got a TomTom One for $119 on sale. Look around for sales.

I have a Magellan Sporttrack map ill sell you for cheap... It is brand new..Works nice. figure $125 shipped..;) PM me if u want it.

You might check with your cell phone provider
sadnews.gif
. I've seen some offer a GPS on their phones. Sorry, I don't remember which one
dunno.gif
 because I just use my phone for: HELLO
hello.gif
, YES-NO
fight.gif
, OK
ThumbsUp.gif
 , TALK TO YOU LATER
laugh.gif

I just use my Ipaq pocket pc with a blue tooth GPS receiver, all fits nice and tidy in the top map compartment of my tank bag. Lots of them on sale on Egay.

I have a gps unit on my bike, one built in to the radio in my truck, and I also have tom tom on my windows powered smart phone.

No chance of me telling the wife "sorry I'm late I got lost"
firedevil.gif

Wife bought me one made by Jensen has touch screen
Canada,US,Hawaii and Puerto Rico maps and so far I
love it.

I usa a e-trax for my snowmobile and my motorcycle it works wonderfull for the money I would recomend it

Back