Commodo InstantSSL (outsourcing at its best)

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so I buy maybe 50 SSL certs a year for clients and have been trying to keep prices reasonable.. about 2 years ago, InstantSSL doubled their prices without notification and expected us to just go "Oh well".. Well, I moved most of my clients to "Starfield" certs..

Commodo relented and backed the prices back down after what I am going to guess was a loss of biz. Anyway, some issue with their site today and I guess they outsourced their "live support" to a bunch of card carrying middle eastern flow chart readers... :rofl: He got pissed and locked my account completely out.. no sense of humor at all (certainly no sense of business smarts)

here is the transcript.. :laugh:

The following is a record of your online chat.

General Info
Chat start time May 4, 2009 7:55:58 PM EST Chat end time May 4, 2009 8:04:23 PM EST Duration (actual chatting time) 00:08:25 Operator Alan Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Alan'
Alan: Hello
Alan: Welcome to comodo live sales chat support..
you: what is with your site, I can not get a screen after logon..tried 3 different browsers... issue with me?
Alan: How may i help you ?
you: what is with your site, I can not get a screen after logon..tried 3 different browsers... issue with me?
you: hello?
Alan: Yes
Alan: May i know the exact error you facing ?
you: scroll up.. no screen after logon
you: blank page
Alan: Kindly send the screenshot of the error page to support@comodo.com
you: awww no error...just blank
you: https://secure.instantssl.com/products/!hostedLogin
you: blank page with green addy bar
Alan: I request you to send the screen shot of the page to support@comodo.com
you: wow, you guys are something, what error page?
you: blank page does not mean anything huh? let me go get my crayons and helmet..
you: never mind... I will head over to starfield.. pages are working there
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to support@comodo.com at the end of your chat.
you: well thanks anyway...
you: outsourcing work really worked for Commodo

I have all but given up with talking to support either online or on the phone. It used to be fun trying to up stage the 1st support tier so you could get to someone who really knew their stuff. Not any more, boring. I just scream i want my issue escalated NOW!
Oh and if i can't understand them, i press "1" for English!:poke:

Back