Bored, sitting on barracks duty

sportcustoms71

Registered
What a lovely day to be on barracks duty. patroling the hallways and preparing for the fun filled night of securing drunk Marines. So if your bored hit me up......please with anything you want to chit chat about so i don't go crazy :banghead::banghead::banghead:

aight you broke d*** bastard :lol: j/k whats up dude

broke and happy :laugh:

I was at harbor freight and forgot my wallet in my truck. When i ran out to the truck it was the first time i ran and the leg didnt hurt. I have been starting to worry that it was never going to stop hurting and it would always hurt while running. It still hurts intermittently though. Hopefully it all goes away. I have til mid October to be 100%

No duty, pft, formations, standing for long periods :rofl:

I was told though if I cant pass a pft by then, my doctor is going to put me on a med board for evaluation.

I can pass a pft now but shhhhh :whistle:

that's cool man about the leg. i can just only imagine the hell you went through with that thing. what, they don't have you running a partial pft with just the pull up and sit up? we got a new SgtMaj which is cool as crap...on fridays we have to wear our chucks into works and he saw me and flipped out cause i was in the armory in dress uniform. lets just say the good old SSgt got him ripped a new one. lol i pulled the old PFC trick "Sgt didn't know" hahaha

I was at harbor freight and forgot my wallet in my truck. When i ran out to the truck it was the first time i ran and the leg didnt hurt. I have been starting to worry that it was never going to stop hurting and it would always hurt while running. It still hurts intermittently though. Hopefully it all goes away. I have til mid October to be 100%

I was told though if I cant pass a pft by then, my doctor is going to put me on a med board for evaluation.

that's cool man about the leg. i can just only imagine the hell you went through with that thing. what, they don't have you running a partial pft with just the pull up and sit up? we got a new SgtMaj which is cool as crap...on fridays we have to wear our chucks into works and he saw me and flipped out cause i was in the armory in dress uniform. lets just say the good old SSgt got him ripped a new one. lol i pulled the old PFC trick "Sgt didn't know" hahaha

:laugh: Thats good. Im about to bust out of mu chucks shirt :rofl: And no not cause Im fat :moon:

gotta love that. thats why I let my sgt's bring tv's and game systems lol.

i got the duty computer here, which i'm thankful i got, but here they don't allow tv or anything. as the standing Desk Sergeant they want us to look proffesional at all time just in case someone was to walk in, which i agree with. just the other month we had the base SgtMaj come one deck here and the PFC didn't report in or anything, didn't challenge the man or even give the proper greeting of the day. just one big stink eye for the battalion. didn't even have the slightest clue who he was even though his picture was posted up on the bulkhead. your in the army right?

i got the duty computer here, which i'm thankful i got, but here they don't allow tv or anything. as the standing Desk Sergeant they want us to look proffesional at all time just in case someone was to walk in, which i agree with. just the other month we had the base SgtMaj come one deck here and the PFC didn't report in or anything, didn't challenge the man or even give the proper greeting of the day. just one big stink eye for the battalion. didn't even have the slightest clue who he was even though his picture was posted up on the bulkhead. your in the army right?

Ouch, that sucks. Yes I am in the Army. I have about four months left, and I get my good old E7 retirement check. Same rules apply in the Army, but the Battalion and Brigade Command Sergeant Major are pretty cool guys, and dont mind having stuff to keep you busy after hours. Once high foot traffic is gone, they allow everyone to do what they have to do so they are able to stay awake during their 24 hours of non stop fun.

:laugh: Thats good. Im about to bust out of mu chucks shirt :rofl: And no not cause Im fat :moon:

all that good chow hall food right:whistle: :lol: well drink one for me tonight. wifes having a pajama party with all the girls at the house tonight since i'm not there.....let me tell you man i wish i was a fly on the wall tonight....and they are some good looking honeys......shhhhh i didn't say that.

all that good chow hall food right:whistle: :lol: well drink one for me tonight. wifes having a pajama party with all the girls at the house tonight since i'm not there.....let me tell you man i wish i was a fly on the wall tonight....and they are some good looking honeys......shhhhh i didn't say that.

:laugh: Oh man. Hidden cameras? :rofl:

Ouch, that sucks. Yes I am in the Army. I have about four months left, and I get my good old E7 retirement check. Same rules apply in the Army, but the Battalion and Brigade Command Sergeant Major are pretty cool guys, and dont mind having stuff to keep you busy after hours. Once high foot traffic is gone, they allow everyone to do what they have to do so they are able to stay awake during their 24 hours of non stop fun.

well at least i have the hayabusa.org family to talk to:cheerleader:

yeah it used to be that way, when all the big whigs were gone it got a little laxed, but after a couple incidents, yada, yada, yada....you know how that goes.

so 20 years aye...been in 7 almost, wife wants me to get out...i love the uniform though so i'm making a compromise and going in the reserves and going to finish my 20 years. she's just tired of moving around, considering this is out 4th duty station, plus she want to settle down and have kids and i'm sure you know what goes with that, uprooting the kids from school every 2 to 3 years. i know me going into the reserves will not change me being a Marine, but at the same time i don't want to get out of active....who knows lol comes down to the old decision of what comes first in my life, the Corps or the family. of course i'll do what's best, but it just sucks yah know.

Speaking of legs, check out Aarron Yates rebroken leg.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/Apr/110422yatesxray.htm

well at least i have the hayabusa.org family to talk to:cheerleader:

yeah it used to be that way, when all the big whigs were gone it got a little laxed, but after a couple incidents, yada, yada, yada....you know how that goes.

so 20 years aye...been in 7 almost, wife wants me to get out...i love the uniform though so i'm making a compromise and going in the reserves and going to finish my 20 years. she's just tired of moving around, considering this is out 4th duty station, plus she want to settle down and have kids and i'm sure you know what goes with that, uprooting the kids from school every 2 to 3 years. i know me going into the reserves will not change me being a Marine, but at the same time i don't want to get out of active....who knows lol comes down to the old decision of what comes first in my life, the Corps or the family. of course i'll do what's best, but it just sucks yah know.

Thats exactly what it boils down. Whats more important, the Corps, or your family. I have many Marine friends, that are out now, and you will also keep your title as a Marine. Active or not! I actually have 10 years in the Army, but am medically retiring due to a medical malpractice. I was lucky to not worry about moving. I have been here at Fort Hood for the last ten years active duty, but have also lived here damn near my entire life, minus my three deployments to Iraq. Pops was a BDE CSM. lol! Keep in mind though, a pissed off wife= a pissed off Marine who cant focus at work. Your an adult and know the decisions to make as far as staying in, and like you said going reserves might not be a bad idea. Still going to deploy, but at least the wife and kiddos when you have them will be settled nicely right at home.

Thats exactly what it boils down. Whats more important, the Corps, or your family. I have many Marine friends, that are out now, and you will also keep your title as a Marine. Active or not! I actually have 10 years in the Army, but am medically retiring due to a medical malpractice. I was lucky to not worry about moving. I have been here at Fort Hood for the last ten years active duty, but have also lived here damn near my entire life, minus my three deployments to Iraq. Pops was a BDE CSM. lol! Keep in mind though, a pissed off wife= a pissed off Marine who cant focus at work. Your an adult and know the decisions to make as far as staying in, and like you said going reserves might not be a bad idea. Still going to deploy, but at least the wife and kiddos when you have them will be settled nicely right at home.

kudos on that, happy wife happy life:lol: that sucks though about your delima, i can only imagine what it feels like. i just had a buddy of mine mediacally seperated. he fought tooth and nail to stay in the Corps. we have people like him that are begging to stay in and then you have the sh*t bags that can't get kicked out.

Back