Colorado

Congrats bro!!! The wife and I are looking to follow you
wow.gif
Hopefully we will not be too far away from starting that journey!
biggrin.gif

Yo fellas, looks like the weather is finally gonna break. We need to try and get together for a little spin. Would have posted this earlier in the week and tried for this weekend, but was in Salt Lake most of the week. Let's see if we can get something set up to get us all together. Most of you guys are up around the Metro area, I think, with me in the springs and Art down in Telluride.

Let's try to get together sometime soon
biggrin.gif
 What do you guys think?

<!--EDIT|BusaboyCO
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082212228 -->

Any word on a ride this weekend? I can probably go on Saturday and definitely a sunday afternoon ride.

I also started a thread on the AMA Superbike race May 21- 23,

Hopefully everyone can make it.

Has anyone done the ride where you take 5 passes in a day? I know the Hardley guys up here do it, and could figure out the route if anyone wants to get together and try it out. I'm not sure how long it is, but it sounds like fun. I'll have to see if I can find out the route details.

Sound interesting?
rock.gif

I think they start around the Denver area and take like 5 passes. As soon as I can find out the route, I'll stick it up here and see what you guys think. I thought it sounded like a blast.

howdy fellow coloradoites (and jake)! my name is Reean and i'm located in Denver and would be interested in riding with you guys some time, the longer the trip the better in my book!

hope to meet ya'll someday!

Hi BG and welcome!
beerchug.gif
Am trying to figure out the route for a 5 pass in one day ride. When I figure it out, will post it up and see if we can all get together and hook it up!
biggrin.gif

Later

that's a good idea... i need some pics of the new ride! i have a digital camera here at work i just need to get my butt around to snapping off a few!!

C'mon already with the map BusaBoy
biggrin.gif
Easy there hotrod!  
tounge.gif
 all these Hardley dudes can't remember what route they take. I've tried to get in touch with a guy at the Hardley shop down here who rides in it every year, but seems like I always miss him. I talked to one guy and he said that they go over Loveland, Vail, Independence, Hoosier, and 1 more. We may have to get a map out and plan our own. If the Hardley dudes can do 5, I see no reason we can't do @ least 6!
beerchug.gif

Will get an atlas out and see what kind of route we can traverse (big word for an old country boy huh?
smile.gif
) May have to call on you Metro peeps to see if you've ever been down a couple and make sure that are paved this time  
wow.gif

Sounds like most of you guys are going to get together this Sunday. Sorry I will not be able to make it as I will be out of town
sad.gif

On a different note, how does this sound for a nice mountain day ride?

Starting out around the Metro Area, take the I-70 west for about 36 miles.

Get on Hwy 6 and take the back way to Silverthorne/Dillon. Will take us over Loveland Pass (11,992 ft.)

Back on 70 (west)at Silverthorne for about 10 miles and get onto Hwy 91 (south) Will take us over Fremont Pass (11,318 ft.) down to Leadville. Probably a good spot for a break and maybe eat there.

From Leadville, Take Hwy 24 north back to I-70 (Vail). This will traverse Tennessee Pass (10,424 ft.)

From Vail head east on 70 and take Vail Pass (10,666 ft.) That takes over 4 mountain passes with at least 10k ft elevation.

From here we can take 70 east to Frisco. Then take Hwy 9 south through Breck (maybe stop again) to Fairplay. Between Breck and Fairplay is Hoosier Pass (11,541 ft.)

In Fairplay, we hit the 285 and head back north towards the Metro area on 285 there is Red Hill Pass, (which is only 9,993 ft. so I guess really don't count if we're only counting 10k+ passes) and Kenosha Pass (10,001 ft.
tounge.gif
)

That's 6 10k+ ft passes in a day All in all, I figure about 300-325 miles for you guys in the Metro area. A little farther for antone south of there.

Anyways, take a look at a map and tell me what you think. Like I said, I will be out of town next weekend, but it sounds like a decent ride. We should get together and try it out. If anyone has ridden up there and knows a different route, then pipe up.

Let me know.

Greg

greg, i though you forgot about this long ride deal bro
tounge.gif
. i am in, just let me know when we can do it.
to bad you will be out of town on the 27th, it will be nice to meet all the busa guys. looks like we have almost 9 busas showing that day. we will post pics for sure.
Big Wall & Aurorabusa, are you guys going to make it for the lunch deal on the 27th?

Well looks like I'm out on another trip......from 7/16 thru 7/27 and again from 8/10 thru 8/14 (though this one is for fun....finally
biggrin.gif
) Maybe we can set it for the 3rd or 4th weekend in August and I can hope nothing else pops up. How do your schedules look around then so far?

Back