Clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.
>From wwww.dragbike.com

GSXR 1300 "HAYABUSA" CORNER

Team Suzuki's "Dr. Brock" gives racers an advantage...Brock Davidson reports that he's now making "Smooth Launch Clutch Enhancement Kit", which will give the GSXR-1300 the control required for drag racing use. "The stock clutch does great, and exactly what it should, for top end and road racing, but when you try to slidethe clutch off the starting line, it tries to lockup prematurely" said Davidson.
The modified assembly allows smoother clutch action, supplying better "feedback" to the rider, and eliminates the chatter that would otherwise be experienced. It also reduces stress that would be exerted to the
clutch system by the ratcheting action from the stock unit.

Davidson will supply a modified genuine-Suzuki clutch cam assembly,with various spacers and a clutch cover gasket, for an estimated $199.95/retail - no exchange. If a racer wants to return their stock unit, a $25 core charge will be refunded.

For more information, contact Schnitz Racing {www.dragbike.com/schnitz/}, who is currently thesole stocking distributor.

RD

Greg,

>> what about for the regular street riders of the hayabusa ... would this modification be or any advantage to us? <<

Important question.

Let me quote from this June's issue of Sport Rider Magazine:

"A six-speed tranny via a clutch that features a back-torque limiter to minimize wheel hop on aggressive downshifts. Unfortunately, this makes hard dragstrip launches a difficult proposition, due to the slipper clutch's tendency to grab-off the line."

Question: Would the "Smooth Launch Clutch Enhancement Kit" eliminate the back-torque limiting effect when downshifting ? I really like the back-torque limiter for smooth (safe) downshifts and would not want to lose this feature.

RD

what about for the regular street riders of the hayabusa... who may abuse the clutch from time to time

would this modification be or any advantage to us?

just wondering
please help to educate me

greg

Hi mom, I found this recent post on "Clutches" and thought you might like it....

dredging up the dead for fun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back