CLUTCH MOD

the one with teh heavy duty springs or the cousion. Both can be found at brockracing.com

probably the center hub.

you should be able to do it without draining the oil

take off the cover
take off the bolts and remove springs and pressure plate
remove all fibers/steels
use an impact to remove center nut.
remove studs from stock center hub and install on new one.
put back in making sure to line up the cogs in the notches.
impact the center nut back on and ding one of the edges to keep it from backing off.
put the fiber/steels back in
put pressure plate back on and put springs and bolts back in.
snug them up not too tight. The springs will hold them tight
reinstall cover.

DONE have fun.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113792604 -->

do you have to use and impact wrench?

do you have to use and impact wrench?
you don't have to but have fun trying to hold that clutch hub with something and get that big nut off.

its on there and I don't know what you would hold it with except a special tool and be able to get it off with a ratchet.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113793704 -->

so is it the clutch hub that rotates? Still havent put that mod you gave me on yet waiting on motorhead to send my slave support. I dont know if it will work but when i changed my sprockets i put a pole in the rear wheel to keep it from spinning would something like this work

Thanks! Alot . I don't think that the new mod seated correctly down in the basket. I had my girlfriend sit on the bike and apply both the hand and foot brake to keep the bike from rolling forward, And it works great with a little muscle and 1/2 inch drive and socket. F.Y.I Try not to take your GF's shin out if you happen to slip with the wrench!!!
wow.gif

you know you could have put it on jack stands and put a pipe in the rear wheel to keep it from spinnin
wink.gif

Hey do you feel any difference in the bike

Thanks! Alot . I don't think that the new mod seated correctly down in the basket. I had my girlfriend sit on the bike and apply both the hand and foot brake to keep the bike from rolling forward, And it works great with a little muscle and 1/2 inch drive and socket. F.Y.I Try not to take your GF's shin out if you happen to slip with the wrench!!!
wow.gif
the center hub and the outter ring have "cogs" in them. Make sure they are lined up when putting it back on the shaft. They have to be lined up so the clutch will work correctly.

you will know you have it in correctly when you tighten up the big nut. Your center hub should have unusual play in it. You should be able to rock it back and forth.

hope this helps.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113912143 -->

Thanks again Guys! And yes the clutch feels MUCH MUCH better. Going to the track soon. I should cut a good tree with the mod installed.

I'm new to Busas so I have no idea what the clutch mod is supposed to do. Can someone please tell the newb the purpose of this .
blush.gif

the clutch mod allows the clutch to slip when launching hard (drag racing).

Thanks! Alot . I don't think that the new mod seated correctly down in the basket. I had my girlfriend sit on the bike and apply both the hand and foot brake to keep the bike from rolling forward, And it works great with a little muscle and 1/2 inch drive and socket.  F.Y.I  Try not to take your GF's shin out if you happen to slip with the wrench!!!
wow.gif
hey man how did you keep the hub from rotating? what size is the nut on the hub? Tryin to get the shid on and dont have access to an impact wrench

wow.gif
hey man how did you keep the hub from rotating? what size is the nut on the hub? Tryin to get the shid on and dont have access to an impact wrench
I had the bike on the side stand so you don't lose oil and had my GF hold the front and Rear brake. You need a 30mm Socket and a1/2 inch drive and about 30min if its your first time.Goodluck

Thanks! Alot . I don't think that the new mod seated correctly down in the basket. I had my girlfriend sit on the bike and apply both the hand and foot brake to keep the bike from rolling forward, And it works great with a little muscle and 1/2 inch drive and socket.  F.Y.I  Try not to take your GF's shin out if you happen to slip with the wrench!!!
wow.gif
hey man how did you keep the hub from rotating? what size is the nut on the hub?  Tryin to get the shid on and dont have access to an impact wrench
I had the bike on the side stand so you don't lose oil and had my GF hold the front and Rear brake. You need a 30mm Socket and a1/2 inch drive and about 30min if its your first time.Goodluck
Ok so the clutch basket stoped spinning when you hit the front and rear break?

it does when the bike is in gear.

you can leave it in gear to provide resistance against the rotating clutch. to keep the pressure from you wrenching on that nut from spinning the rear wheel he had her hold the brake.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115568652 -->

Back