How do you lower front end on 09 Busa

apeluv

Registered
I already lowerd the rear 2 inches. I got the new triple tree that allows the forks to come through. How do you go about lowering the front end 1.25 inches?? Does anyone have any pics or detailed instructions.*RePost*

this is best done with two people call a friend !

ok no pics but its simple install the new bar clamp ex. now you will have to suport the bike with a jack or somethig that you can lower easy ,

basicly you loosin the pinch bolts on the lower tree and upper tree and you let down easy on the bike so the fork tubes slide threw the trees to the desired amount !

then you retorque the pinch bolts on the upper and lower trees

one way to do it is to suport he bike from the top, with rachet straps or something like that just toss them over a rafter or beem in the shop or gorage, then once everyting is loos you can just push the forks up and but a block under them , get the hight you want and then retorque the pinch bolts, i thing they are set at 16.5 ftbls

sorry you have two pinch bolts on top one per side , and four on the bottom, two per side !

you may have to take some of your plastics off to make the bots easyer to get to!

hope this helps

do you have a manuel for you bike , you should be able to find one on the site if you look and its free download !

Last edited:
Back