Clutch Lever Actuator Slug..???

Blue Bayou

Registered
Any of you chaps know of a source for one of those brass slugs that push in the actuator
rod on the Gen 1 hydraulic front brake..???
I looked it up on the parts breakdown and the dealers want to sell you the whole front
brake lever assembly for 36 bucks. Previous owner was too lazy to put a drop of oil on the
brass slug once in a while and it's pretty well worn out.
BB

After doing a little digging on Ebait, I find that this brass slug is sold in a set with the pushrod. It's formally called:
Hayabusa clutch Master cylinder Pushrod Bushing set. Say that on one breath.... :-)
Anyway the set can be had on Ebait for 25 dollars. I think I'll look around for some brass rod stock and make my own bushing.
The hard part is finding the rod stock.
Take care, ride safe
Have a great weekend.
BB

You must work cheap. I would pay the $25 and be done with it.

LOL, yes I DO work cheap, I'm retired, what else do I have to do..!!! :drink:
Actually if I had the rod stock, it would only take 15 minutes to make one. It's just a slug with a small hole in it.
Ride safe, have FUN..!!
BB

I would think that as long as you can find the right diameter this is cake... or if you have a lathe ... my bike is full of homedepotacehardware custom racing parts , bolts , tabs, push pins... often times manufactured to higher specs

My town has a motorcycle wrecker. (junk yard for bikes) I'm guessing any Zook sport bike slug will work,just take yours along for comparison.

What are you doing using the clutch that much anyway.:dunno:

LOL. RSD.

My town has a motorcycle wrecker. (junk yard for bikes) I'm guessing any Zook sport bike slug will work,just take yours along for comparison.

What are you doing using the clutch that much anyway.:dunno:

LOL. RSD.
Previous owner never lubed the slug/bushing it was metal to metal and just wore out.

Back