Clumsy F**king Mechanics!!

tedbiele

Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!&quot
Donating Member
Registered
Okay I'm pissed. Lets just start there.
I've taken advantage of my working at a dealership a few times by having them work on my bike.
WTF is wrong with these clumsy heavy-handed jackass mechanics!
They scratched the hell out of my fairing. When questioned he tells me the porter did it.
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

WHAT???
The porter did it? WTF is the porter doing opening my bike up? Why is he even touching my bike? YOUR THE DAMN MECHANIC!!!
I'm mad as hell. The owner is taking it from his paycheck. While I do not believe that is fair - maybe next time they'll take care of the bike the correct way??

HELLO!!!!

Ahem..... Rant done!

..........................................................................................

rock.gif

haha , my mechanic did that too.. put a scratch on my front fender and stripped out a bolt..

I was pretty pissed... wanted to hit him.. but I figured it would just hurt my hand... and of course wherever I hit myself.

LOL ego!!
No ####!
It just sucks. I take pride in not having scratch one on it - then some clumsy JA does that!!! LOL!......... dumbass'!

yeah, they stripped my main fairing bolt on the left side .... pissed off guy.... no scratches that I've seen but damn its a great ole bite in the anus and ever since they replaced the stator, my bike seems to be making more noises...almost as if its a valve thing but I had the valves inspected 4k miles ago as scheduled .... sux
sad.gif

That is why I will not use a dealer. Guys they usually have one main mechanic and then hand off the pic to the JR's. The JR's just don't do that much. Find yourself a good Motorcycle mechanic. I am blessed with having DaveO in my back yard but there are many guys out there. They treat the bikes like their own. Does not mean that things can't happen but sure takes the percentages down.

Ted you work at the dealership and run into these problems. Imagine what chance the rest of us have!
sad.gif
As for me, thank God for the Service Manual!
smile.gif

By the way, I ordered a '05 Busa (Shoei) Blue/Silver helmet from your shop a couple of months ago. They charged my credit card right away. After lots of calls I got the word my helmet should show up in October. Any Busa helmets showing up?
rock.gif

Real bummer Ted! Stories like yours is why I always do the maintenance work myself. Just little things like lining the upper fairing with tape to prevent scratches like what happened to yours, things that the shop would never take the time to do.

How the hell do all these "techs" get away with that crap. We hear about it constantly. In a decade of wrenching I went to great lengths to protect customers' vehicles and do my job correctly. Seems it has become a vocation that is too easy to get into, regardless of your actual skill. What's even worse is that many actually believe they know what they are doing, even though they are not even driveway/shadetree mechs. They don't think they are doing anything wrong. Sad, it is.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128704023 -->

Sorry for you, bro! I suggest finding a new dealer to take it too!
laugh.gif

My busa was delivered with a cross threaded and siezed fairing screw and a couple were missing.

They supplied the screws but I fixed the bleeped up one myself.

The fairings are pretty easy to scratch in a busy shop environment. Better to take them off yourself.

I hear ya,
I almost killed myself because a Jr forget to tighten the rear wheel bolt after changing the tire. Good thing I didn't leave the shop like a maniac. I got to the next stop and when I applied the brakes, the loose rear wheel was able to pivot and the bike went sideways. I was so pissed
mad.gif
Now I bring my wheels to the shop for a tire change.

<!--EDIT|1127 TO 1299
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128711070 -->

I agree with finding a good shop. Mine is still in warranty and I use a shop. I let the stealership do the 600 mile maintenance and I got it back with 2-1/2 inches of slack in the chain. I figure the rest of their work is the same quality.
Bugs me that they put it together out of the crate. Wonder what bolt that I can't see is working its way loose.

Car dealers are the same way. The break more than they fix.

Back