Cluch is slipping bad after rebuild

Lotus49

Registered
I had to take out the cluch packets ( i installed them EXACTLY in the order i removed them from) along with the screws and springs. Now after everything is back togeather, The cluch has a very high release point, and wont take any power without slipping, i can ride it around back roads, but anything over 50 or 60 i can feel it slipping. Its not worn out, and it was fine before the teardown. What do i do?

Oh, i went out and re-tightened all the 6 bolts with the springs to make sure they where tight. and one snapped becasue i over tightened it.. It still slips

Snapping bolts and breaking chains.  Do you own a torque wrench?  If you do,you need to use it.  If you don't, buy one before you start wrenching on the bike again.  And read the service manual.   if you don't already have it.

lol i was on the phone with one of the suzuki reps from columbia. He said i have to bottom them out.. he said be careful you dont snap them though.. as SOON as he said that.. one fo the heads broke off the bolt.. I said to him, "well looks like im making an appointment, one just snapped"

I cn help you get it out without having to pay shop fee just send cache a small donation.You need new springs as your old ones probably weakned over time.

Snapping bolts and breaking chains.  Do you own a torque wrench?  If you do,you need to use it.  If you don't, buy one before you start wrenching on the bike again.  And read the service manual.   if you don't already have it.
A click stop one is waaaaay preferable over one of those parallel rod types.
POS style:

Professional style:

Sorry dude but after reading all your posts, your an idiot and should not own a Busa.
wink.gif

Back