Clear lenses

sirUKbusa

Registered
Can any one help with a website.

I need to get clear lenses for my rear stop lamp & front indicators. To really push the boat out, does any know if a company are making the mirrors with indicators built in to them??

Please help, Thanks

P.S. How do I get the personal pics on my avatar to work.

Here are a couple of internet retailers that have clear front and rear turn signals and also brake lenses.

Mineolamoto

I think you can get Clear Alternative lenses from

You can go directly to www.clearalternatives.com...They carry front and rear and offer the rear in LED...

Also check on E-Bay they always have them up for auction.
jump9.gif

Are front turn sig. lens ok if I replace with the smoke lens... are they hard to see during the day? Or is it better to get the clear? Thanks

Hey SirUK,

Hey man glad to hear from you again. What, you been hidin' or somethin'? Anyway, I sent a post a while back about your frame sliders. From the pictures of your bike, the sliders you have seem to mount directly into the fairing stay bolt hole. If this is just an illusion, please let me know. If not, I want to know just where can I get some. I am putting the frame sliders on hold until I get my chromed parts back from California. I have a machinist buddy that works with me that thinks he can modify my sliders where they will fit into the hole that's already there.

Brian

Are  front turn sig. lens ok if I replace with  the smoke lens... are they hard to see during the day?  Or  is it better to get the clear?  Thanks
didn't bother me any! in fact, i painted mine... cant see squat through them...    
rock.gif

lower3.jpg
I have the clear front and rear, and I do like the smoke look for the front, but just seems a little unsafe to me. BTW SirUK, if you order the clear brake light for the rear, make sure it just the lens and not the whole assembly. There are some sites that try to sell you the whole assembly for about $120 bucks when you can get just the lens for about $65 bucks from Mototeck. Didn't have to pay extra, and it was a one-day delivery. Still don't know how that happened. Also, I found the red LED's at AutoZone for about $7 a piece. I acted in haste and ordered my LED's off the net for $14 a piece. See what being impetuous does to you sometime?

Brian

I just installed the clearalternative lenses in the front of my baby, don't really know if I like them yet. I guess I am so used to seeing it with the amber ones. I don't really like the way their lenses go one either, they just set in there they do not use the factory clips you have to silicon them in place. Kind of chickensh@t set up for the money.

Hey SirUK,

Hey man glad to hear from you again.  What, you been hidin' or somethin'?  Anyway, I sent a post a while back about your frame sliders.  From the pictures of your bike, the sliders you have seem to mount directly into the fairing stay bolt hole.  If this is just an illusion, please let me know.  If not, I want to know just where can I get some.  I am putting the frame sliders on hold until I get my chromed parts back from California.  I have a machinist buddy that works with me that thinks he can modify my sliders where they will fit into the hole that's already there.

Brian
Brian which picture of my bike did you see the frame slider on, ive been looking through mine to show you what to expect and how to get them?

Pete???

Hey guys thanks for the tips. I will be ordering my lenses pretty soon. I thought about painting them, but due to my job, can't go down that road...

sad.gif

Brian which picture of my bike did you see the frame slider on, ive been looking through mine to show you what to expect and how to get them?

Pete???
Pete,

I think it's one of the picture in the "Member Pics" photos. Hey man, glad to see you postin' again. I don't know what it is, but I just remember my first responses came from you when I first joined this site. When I think of the originals, I always consider you to be one of them.

Brian

I just installed the clearalternative lenses in the front of my baby, don't really know if I like them yet. I guess  I am so used to seeing it with the amber ones. I don't really like the way their lenses go one either, they just set in there they do not use the factory clips you have to silicon them in place. Kind of chickensh@t set up for the money.
Hey Busabullet,

I was just reading your post and a question came to mind. If I remember correctly, your bike is a '99 or '00 model. Either way, I wonder if there is a difference in the front turn signal mounting? I just put my Clearalternatives front signals on about three weeks ago while I was breaking it down for chroming and mine went in perfectly. It slid right under the clips and lined up perfectly with the two holes for the screws that hold them in place. Actually I have heard others talk about a nagging little gap in front once installed. I don't mean to be shitty, but they fit as though they were stock. I couldn't believe it. All the posts I've read from people who had already installed a set talked of that little gap. I just got my digital camera and will post pics once I get bike back together.

Brian

BTW, I love the look of the clear signals. I have them in front and rear. Also, the clear brake light with red LED's. For some reason it just makes the color of the bike flow a little better when looking at it. The amber just seems to get in the way.

Brian

I just installed the clearalternative lenses in the front of my baby, don't really know if I like them yet. I guess  I am so used to seeing it with the amber ones. I don't really like the way their lenses go one either, they just set in there they do not use the factory clips you have to silicon them in place. Kind of chickensh@t set up for the money.
Hey Busabullet,

I was just reading your post and a question came to mind. If I remember correctly, your bike is a '99 or '00 model.  Either way, I wonder if there is a difference in the front turn signal mounting?  I just put my Clearalternatives front signals on about three weeks ago while I was breaking it down for chroming and mine went in perfectly.  It slid right under the clips and lined up perfectly with the two holes for the screws that hold them in place.  Actually I have heard others talk about a nagging little gap in front once installed.  I don't mean to be shitty, but they fit as though they were stock.  I couldn't believe it.  All the posts I've read from people who had already installed a set talked of that little gap.  I just got my digital camera and will post pics once I get bike back together.

Brian
where did you order your lens? thanks

Hey Blas,

Hope this helps you out.

Clear turn signals (rear) = TrickTape.com $20
Clear turn signals (front) = Clearalternatives.com $74
Clear brake lens = Mototeck.com $65

P.S. If you go to any other site and you see a price of about $120 for the brake lens, it's the whole brake light assembly. If you don't read carefully, you will order something you don't need. I can't remember which sites I saw them on, but you can bet that $120 is way too much. Also, I suggest you go to your local auto parts store to get the red LED's. I found the same exact ones that I ordered online at AutoZone ($7 apiece). I paid $14 apiece for two. You do the math. If you can't find the red LED's, I can purchase them for you here at AutoZone and ship them to you free of charge (don't worry, I have a little hookup with UPS for small packages like this). Don't ask questions, and I tell you no lies.

Brian

Thanks Brian, it makes sense to me. I will check Auto Zone for the red LED's and will order the clear front turn signals. You have been a big help, Rich

I just called Parts411 and they have the Clearalternatives clear turn signal lens for $54, about $20 less than going straight to Clearalternatives.com

Back