CLEANING CALIPERS

speed750

Registered
I keep my bike spotless, but I'm having a hard time getting the calipers to come clean. Looks like brake dust. What's best for this project?
crazy.gif

any spray brake cleaner..wear gloves and goggles...the shid will ash out yer skin and burn fug outta yer eyes...don't ask...there's always that little nook/cranny that'll "BackSpray" yer azz...and the shid is highly pressurized.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Be kinda careful with the brake cleaner some of that stuff is like carb spray and is very hard on paint. and your eyes.

just cleaned mine today before putting the front wheel back on the bike, a dremel with a soft tip brush attachment works really well for cleaning off the hard to get places on the rotor around the washers and bolt heads!!! Gets the dust and gunk off without scratching or fading the caliper paint.
lurk.gif

I use a steam cleaner. Bot a Ladybug XL 2300 a few years ago. Puts out 298 degree steam, so you definately need to be careful with skin and plastic fairings.

I'm amazed at how quickly the brake rotors discolored. My custom stays really clean/shiny...??

(JINKSTER @ Feb. 03 2007,10:46) any spray brake cleaner..wear gloves and goggles...the shid will ash out yer skin and burn fug outta yer eyes...don't ask...there's always that little nook/cranny that'll "BackSpray" yer azz...and the shid is highly pressurized.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
LOL............ Your a nut......
laugh.gif

I am not trying to be funny here , but if you clean your bike regular you would not be posting this topic .

Back