Classifieds VIN policy

turbobusa2000

Registered
Why is it that this site doesn't enforce the rule about posting a vin # when selling parts. I looked over the many recent classified threads, and not one of them had a vin, except for mine. It clearly states that these threads won't be allowed yet not one of them gets taken down. I don't get it. I started a thread recently and I did post my vin. I guess I'm a sucker for the rules huh. Can any admin or the almighty(cap) explain why this is allowed?

VIN must be posted on all motorcycle sales (as well as all other vehicle), engines, frames, and bikes being parted out, no exceptions.

If you are selling spare parts, it isn't required. Hope that helps clear it up.

Are you talking about a complete bike or just parts? If you are selling a complete bike, or major parts like a frame or engine, a VIN# is required. If you see an infraction, let us know. Try as we might, we can't catch them all. This policy is in place to attempt to prevent stolen bikes from being sold on the site, and to protect you the member, from a scam. Thank you for posting yours!:thumbsup:

VIN must be posted on all motorcycle sales (as well as all other vehicle), engines, frames, and bikes being parted out, no exceptions.

If you are selling spare parts, it isn't required. Hope that helps clear it up.

So a thread that sells everything but an engine and frame doesnt have to post a vin, but one that does, requires it.

If it's a whole bike being parted then ya, but if it's just parts no. How you gonna get a vin number for a set of wheels or a hump?:whistle:
If a member (particularly a new one) constantly has parts for sale it will be pointed out and they will be required to become a vendor or quit selling on this site. If something seems fishy it will be handled, and if it turns out to be a scam or theft I'm sure the board will assist with the prosecution in every way possible.

So a thread that sells everything but an engine and frame doesnt have to post a vin, but one that does, requires it.

I posted the rule above. If you think there is an infraction, report the post and we can deal with the specific ad. Talking in hypothetical generalities doesn't work well.

Back