Changes to the way we run the classifieds.

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
The intent of us not using the forum serveral years ago for sales items was because we wanted to segment the out the sales from day to day messages. We just didn't want the site to be just one big garage sale. The software that we originally added to the org never panned out, the company that wrote it stopped putting any attention on it and we were never really satisfied with the results, we know you weren't either.

SO

We have opened the classifieds back up on the forum and you can now add sales back like we used to. We are changing the rules a little this time but not a lot.

No need to post a VIN, the buyer needs to look into the sale and work out all those security issues off the forum. Posting VINS these days just offers more numbers for the bad guys.
You can now link to Ebay ads with conditions.
  1. No Linking to Ebay Stores
  2. Businesses can't link to themselves
  3. We reserve the right to delete or remove any link we feel is questionable

We are working out the details on posting and time on the site requirements, for now everyone has the ability to post in the classifieds.
We are not going to spend a lot of time making sure ads are in the right catagories, if you post it in the wrong place odds are we are going to delete it and you can enter it in the right place.
We will be purging ads at some point so there will not be a lot of old sales out there...

If you have questions please let me know...

Cap...

We should have a minimum post count to post a classified. Or an option to rate the transactions.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

min post count for sure should be like 300. we want active trustworthy members posting sale items only.

I don't think an excessive number of posts means you are trustworthy. Wasn't there a member here a few months back that ran off owing money to members? Anyone can take advantage of someone else so I wouldn't let the number of posts be a factor. js

Another move in the right direction. The classifieds was a new feature that I liked and actually bought about $1000 of parts from other members. Thanks again for the work you and your team are doing for us to have a place to hang out.

How about a way to “verify” members such as in the form of a referral from an established member: for instance I’m actually friends with “Dozerdriver” who is an established member who could vouch for me or anyone that he feels is trustworthy?

This along with a minimum post count could attest to some form of credibility.

I agree with a min post count which is used on other sites to helps stop spammers but 300 would be on the high side in my opinion.

I agree that 300 is a bit high. There are members on here that have been here for 5 years and have less than 100 posts. A post count does not mean you are an honest person, it is just a way for a potential buyer to look back on your thoughts.

most boards require 20 posts.

i'm one of those guys that has been here 5+years and has less than 100 posts. but i have 3k+ posts and hundreds of transactions on another hayabusa board.

i think buyers need to be responsible enough to protect themselves and do the research on the seller.

I don't have many posts - simply because I honestly don't have that much that's worthy of contributing here. However, I've been a member since '08.

I can't post to the classifieds for whatever reason???...but I have some factory front and read turn signals I'd like to get out of my way.

Back