City/Hwy Video Cameras

Has anyone notice the traffic cameras that are going up in your city/Highways?Our's in Santa Clara area have cameras on top of the signal lights and on the Freeway on metal polls and overpass.They have them in the city of Sunnyvale,Campbell,San Jose,Milpidas,Hwy 880"Hwy17",Hwy 237.I know they use it for traffic control "so they say",but I notice one of the camera's in San Jose was pointing towards a Condo and I looked at the Condo and notice the camera was pointing to a bed room!!!Hum

Here's your opportunity. Simply show the camera to the owner of the bedroom. Her/his lawyer will do the rest.

I am in Sunnyvale. On my way home tonight I will check those cameras out. If I see one pointing at a bedroom then perhaps I should call a TV station?

The video camera in San Jose that I notice was at the turn off from Hwy 87 going south near downtown San Jose "old San Jose Harley Dealer turn off"one block from West San Carlos,I think the street is Williams St.has a three way light and the camera is on the poll across the street from the off ramp.The Condo is across the street.Sunnyvale's cameras are ok I don't think they snoop in peoples windows but if I was a woman in a miniskirt driving a car, I would wonder what the camera is really looking at being on those light poles,how do you say 18 wheeler look down!!!!!

when i was a teenager i was probaly looking for things like that to vandalise..wouldn't it be cool to pipe into those camera's? it would be better than watching t.v. ......frank

The cameras are on signals at eight intersections around my area in LA/Hollywood.
If you run a red light they spit out a $350.00 fine. A lenticular spray on coating is
available to spray on license plates that makes the plate impossible to photograph. At least
one bike shop carries it in LA. I can post it, but the spray is at least $35.00 Also at high
speeds the shutter only records a blur. Bright light focused into the lens might damage the
camera? Just a thought. Like a Bus' headlight. (yeah right)
ducmanic
Los Angeles

[This message has been edited by ducmanic (edited 30 July 1999).]

Back