Chrome mid pipes

Bansh

Registered
Have HMF dual high mounts and the mid pipes are starting to change color? So much for "stainless" in the stainless steel
wtf.gif

Anyone having similar problems?

Anyway I was thinking of having the midpipes chromed.
If the midpipes are chromed will that stop them from changing color?
Can anybody recomend a good chromer?

poke.gif

Bansh_busa.jpg

With heat stainless turns gold for lack of a better word. Just the way it is, I'm not sure but it could possibly be Jet Hot coated for a chrome look, and it would get rid of the haet as well. I have the headers on my car and another bike Jet Hot coated, and if they dis-color or delaminate they re-coat them for free + free shiping.

I have those... I believe the guy I bought the bike off of said that he had them ceramic coated inside & out. It leaves a more dull finish but no color change.

mike

hmm seems all my old bikes (1969-1995)had chrome pipes and they never turned except right at the head and only slightly (unless of course you left a finger print on the thing before the first fireup... why would the mid pipe change color if chromed?

just make sure if you go the jet-hot, or similar route, you get the inside done as well, this will keep all your exhaust heat in the pipe instead of soaking the pipe. thy actually claim to gain power by doing so, even if its marginal.

With heat stainless turns gold for lack of a better word. Just the way it is, I'm not sure but it could possibly be Jet Hot coated for a chrome look, and it would get rid of the haet as well. I have the headers on my car and another bike Jet Hot coated, and if they dis-color or delaminate they re-coat them for free + free shiping.
+1

Like he said, If you get a Jet Hot type coating, get inside and out coated...more sursace area protected.

Back