Chrome Calipers 1 Demmym 0

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Well Im not usually the one to give up, But these Damn Chrome calipers have finally gotten the best of me.

I installed the left side yesterday, Had a difficult time getting them bled, Once I was done I noticed a small amount of fluid on the bottom of the caliper, Wiped it off and went in the house, Came back out about an hour later, Yep it was there again. and again this morning.

Got home from work, Pulled them off tore them apart checked it all out, put them back together reinstalled them, Once again hard time getting them bled, and once again fluid leaking, Checked seals one more time and reinstalled, SAME THING

Took my stock caliper that I had tore apart, replaced seals and pistons, Reinstalled, Bled with no problems and no leaks.

My first Mod I tried that I have had any problems with :banghead:

take them apart plug holwith something take light sanding disc,clear area around holeand opposite mount surface and clean then reassemble...my chromer does this before he sends them back...i also go over them also...

bwaaaahhhhhhaaaaaa!!!!!!! CHrome Zone..... what a freakin JOKE of a place!!!!! same problem here! youll NEVER see a replacement set, "jason" @ the owner has shafted us on chrome parts for the past 3mos on parts ... always some kind of excuse and the stuff NEVER SHOWS! , i just cleaned up all of the parts and had them done the RIGHT way! was it the "80.00 some odd dollar" deal? all three calipers? Ours had to be hands down the WORST ATTEMPT of chroming ive ever seen, i sent him the clutch slave to chrome... and get this, he says a week later " its in chroming" im like "cool". ... a MONTH later , he tells us they should go to chrome "tmrw", im like "HUH?" another month later he says he cant find it but hell send us another part, ....okay... 3 wks later no part... we tell him just send us a STOCK black one , he says okay. , 2 weeks later we get it , NOT ONLY was it our ORIGINAL part but it was even in the ORIGINAL ZIPLOCK bag i marked and sent it to him in!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! the BEST ive seen so far , and ive dealt with a bunch of chromers is SIMMONS in GEORGIA. EXPENSIVE , BUT AWESOME and VERY through (sp?)

hope you get it going.

JP

i've heard of issues like that. same with the reservoirs. that's why I went with the covers.

it sure seems theres a lot of chromers that do not have a clue on what there doing. i have had my run in with bad chromers also.

95% of chromers are outsourcing the chrome to mexico for Quick turnaround, the problem is quality control.... they get them back and dont check them , they just ship them, theres only a handfull of chromers that ACTUALLY chrome In-House.

JP

Well Im not usually the one to give up, But these Damn Chrome calipers have finally gotten the best of me.

I installed the left side yesterday, Had a difficult time getting them bled, Once I was done I noticed a small amount of fluid on the bottom of the caliper, Wiped it off and went in the house, Came back out about an hour later, Yep it was there again. and again this morning.

Got home from work, Pulled them off tore them apart checked it all out, put them back together reinstalled them, Once again hard time getting them bled, and once again fluid leaking, Checked seals one more time and reinstalled, SAME THING

Took my stock caliper that I had tore apart, replaced seals and pistons, Reinstalled, Bled with no problems and no leaks.

My first Mod I tried that I have had any problems with :banghead:

Sorry to hear bro. I know it must be frustrating. :banghead:

Had that happen with a rear brake reservoir. Thankfully it didn't cost too much to replace.

OK I looked at the pics in your other post. The mating surface (where the o-rings are) should not be chromed. If they are the calipers will always leak. They are trash.

OK I looked at the pics in your other post. The mating surface (where the o-rings are) should not be chromed. If they are the calipers will always leak. They are trash.

Yep they are chromed, As well as the area where the Brake line attaches, There is even a lip there, Somehow I was able to get that not to leak. But your right those O-Rings just wouldnt stop.

Back