Calipers

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Guys I have an oppurtunity to get some chrome Calipers pretty cheap. :cheerleader: What I need to know is this, I asked the guy how they would come to me and this is his response.

The calipers will come to you in 6 peices. You will have to take your pads pistons and seals out and put them in the chrome ones. ???

Pads OK, How hard is it to swap out the pistons and seals and once that has been done is there anything else I need to know about, Do I need Gaskets to put them back together, any info would be greatly appreciated. :bowdown:

Thanks

It's not hard to do. The hardest part is removing the pistons. You will need to use air to pop them out. Seals can be reused but a call to Cloudnine (Daniel) and you could put new in.

Watch for the small seal when disassembling. TIP: Loosen the caliper pinch bolts before removing from bike. Torque to proper specs.

I have a couple of threads on this if you do a search.

r8

0022-3.jpg

0023-1.jpg

Last edited:
runeight is right, its not a hard thing to do, just set down and take your time, put all parts in one place.

Hey thanks RUNEIGHT. I did look up your thread about rebuilding them and sent GOLDENCHILD a PM about the Rebuilt kit, Maybe hoping to keep the stock ones intact and just build the Chrome ones if its cost efficient.

Thanks again.

Hey thanks RUNEIGHT. I did look up your thread about rebuilding them and sent GOLDENCHILD a PM about the Rebuilt kit, Maybe hoping to keep the stock ones intact and just build the Chrome ones if its cost efficient.

Thanks again.

Seals are reasonable. Pistons are not last time I checked.

You can always sell your stock set however. I'm interested if the price is right.

r8

Back