chatterbox

tinbender0

Cool Breeze
Donating Member
Registered
I just wonder how well they work Do they work better than a cell phone or do you get the can you hear me now action? I was looking at one at cycle gear and it had all kind of features (cell phone, mp3 capabilities, etc.) but it was over 300 bucks. Any help is appreciated, thanks. .

--------------

Used to use them but not so much any more. My wifes bike is loud and we got allot of feedback through the mics because of that. Tried messing with the sensitivity setting but didn't really seem to help. They also have a "push to talk" feature if the background noise is too much. That seemed to work pretty well. Plus one of the batteries doesn't hold a charge very well so we stopped using them. The type of riding my wife and I do we can get by with taking at the light or hand gesturing. On a long trip they would have more use.

Me, Wife (riding on back) and the brother-in-laws use them all the time. Wife and I have the FRSX2 units with all what you mentioned.  we use Ipods when we ride.  they work well we think.  BUT the VOX does suck so at speeds above ~50mph depending on wind gusts.  we just push the side button to talk.  but they are really nice to have.  no more dumb hand jesters with us.  We've had them for about a year now and never ride without them anymore.

Thanks for the info!!! I may be getting a couple of them soon. I just wanted to ask you guys about some first hand experience before I drop a bunch of money on something that may be dissappointing...Thanks again
bowdown.gif
Oh, by the way is your chatterbox for the full face helmet ?? How does the ear speakers mount or do they use the earbud type?

i use mine all the time with the guys i ride with. I dont have any problem with feedback i think they are great best 300 i spent. its amazing riding with music and being able to talk to your fellow riders.

I made some. Use them all the time. They are great. There are a couple that have a PTT for the handle handlebar. Those are +1. I tapped into the PTT curcuit and ran a momentary to my left bar. Love'em.

Nothing better nac B.S with friends and listen to music not to mention the cellphone ...i use the push to talk button instead of the vox mount it on my grip works good .best 280 i spent

boxing_skeleton_e0.gif

I have a Chatterbox system & have problems w/ mike staying keyed open - maybe push top talk would be better. Put base under hump & ran 5' patch cord to my helmet.

(tinbender0 @ Feb. 19 2007,20:13) Thanks for the info!!! I may be getting a couple of them soon. I just wanted to ask you guys about some first hand experience before I drop a bunch of money on something that may be dissappointing...Thanks again  
bowdown.gif
Oh, by the way is your chatterbox for the full face helmet ?? How does the ear speakers mount or do they use the earbud type?
I have the full faced. the mic is velcroed to the helmet right around the mouth area. and chatterboxs have helmet speakers and with HJC helmets, there should be a pocket right at the ears and the speakers slide right in.

(tinbender0 @ Feb. 18 2007,17:57) I just wonder how well they work  Do they work better than a cell phone or do you get the can you hear me now action? I was looking at one at cycle gear and it had all kind of features (cell phone, mp3 capabilities, etc.) but it was over 300 bucks. Any help is appreciated, thanks. .

--------------
Been using them for years now, get the longer rang on first with the noise filter built in. Only some phones will work with them, but no problems with the mp3 players. The push to talk is the only way to go, voice activation doesn't work at higher speed do to wind noise. How you set it up in your helmet is key. I have had lots of communication with Chatterbox techs too. The cords are very sensitive so make sure you do not move them much. I don’t have the box on my helmet any more either, I keep it in my tank bag or mounted on a stem post. It all depends on the ride.

DSC01093.JPG

Photo is not the best, but I have a GPS, Chatterbox and a mp3 player hooked up on a stem mount for this ride, we did about 4,000 miles on this one. This was our last day on the way home, all you in Oregon know this road, Cougar Reservoir, one of the best in Oregon.

Back