chatter box

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Got em an luv em this things should make things a little safer for us on the rides they work great.:thumbsup:
They were the cheapest I could find so I was a little worried at first:laugh: that approach usually doesn't work well.

downsized_1109080732.jpg

been thinking about getting one.. can you communicate with multiple riders and if so, what is the distance?

been thinking about getting one.. can you communicate with multiple riders and if so, what is the distance?
the channels are open to as many as you like.. Distance is strictly a function of geography.. I have had 3 to 5 mile range and as little as 1..

almost a requirement for group rides for the leaders and sweep riders..

GMRS X1 Has a 5 mile Distance and 38 channels auto mic works very well until 80mph then you have to adjust the mic and sound control very simple and easy to reach on the helmet, They also have a bluetooth version

ChatterBox

Loomis

GMRS X1 Has a 5 mile Distance and 38 channels auto mic works very well until 80mph then you have to adjust the mic and sound control very simple and easy to reach on the helmet, They also have a bluetooth version

ChatterBox

Loomis
I have 1 of each.. .Don has the FMRS (2 channel) and it works just fine.. Only reason I could see to buy the GMRX is for the BlueTooth myself

I'm looking for something for operator/passenger communication. I don't get out on many group rides but me and the lady ride together all the time and we can't talk to each other. So, something for rider and passenger is what I'm looking for.

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase!

I use the FRS version. That way if anyone is following in a chase vehicle they can use one of my Motorola Talkabouts to communicate with me as well as a passenger or other bikes.

I'm looking for something for operator/passenger communication. I don't get out on many group rides but me and the lady ride together all the time and we can't talk to each other. So, something for rider and passenger is what I'm looking for.

I ordered a second headset and extension for my buds wife for when she is on the back.

How you liking your GMAX helmet? Can you hear your chatterbox in it? Mine is SO LOUD.

If you're only needing to communicate between rider and passenger the Scala Team Set works great. (Also very small compared to the chatterbox x1 or x2 units) Its bluetooth so no wire between the 2 people. It also will sync to your phone if you want, but not needed for the set to work. You can even put both of you on a call at once.

It WILL NOT bluetooth music though. If you want that, the Chatterbox is the way to go.

sorry to thread hijack you busa1166...but thanks for the input fellas. I'll start looking into them.

If you're only needing to communicate between rider and passenger the Scala Team Set works great. (Also very small compared to the chatterbox x1 or x2 units) Its bluetooth so no wire between the 2 people. It also will sync to your phone if you want, but not needed for the set to work. You can even put both of you on a call at once.

It WILL NOT bluetooth music though. If you want that, the Chatterbox is the way to go.
Heard good stuff about the Scala... Captain and Busa159 use them, maybe they will chime in...

scala Q2 works great. Not intended for group rides.

Only links to one at a time and only 2 total. You have to switch from the primary to secondary buddy. No group talk.
As far as the phone and bike to bike it works very well

I would go with another system for group rides.
Chatterbox seems to be a popular pick.

Back