Charging and surging need help

rb3221

Registered
Hi All,

Has anyone had this happen, I have a 00 busa it is surging bad down low and at idle and I have been though everything (and I mean everything). What I have found is it’s putting in way to much fuel and you can not lean it up, if you high idle the bike on the stands at say 2500 – 3000 it surges and hunts/lunges bad with a volt meter on the battery you get 14.25 to 14.30 volts and at the same time I was logging the 02, it showed 12:1 to 12.2:1 and it has a strong fuel smell from the pipes, then all of a sudden like you turn off a switch the lights dip the volts drop to 13.09 to 13.10 and the 02 goes to14:3 to 14:5 and the surge and lunging just stops no fuel smell and the bike run great then after a couple of minutes lights go bright and again like a switch goes off and the surge and hunting/lunging are back and the volts go back up and the 02 goes down .

Anyone with any ideas?

exactly what my bike is doing 2000 Busa now it wont charge at all it was charging then not on the way home and eventually battery died when it quit charging at all. I think my stator or rectifier are fried

Back