Idle surge?

motomc1

Registered
Bike seems to have developed a surge at idle between 1250 rpms (normal idle) and 1700 rpms. Idles normal
(1250 rpms) and goes up and down. 2006 with full yoshi, pc3 usb with Cheese custom map and k&N and marble mod. Any ideas? thks

Did you get the map built from Johhny? If so, mebbe give him a call. He is a good man and stands behind his products.

I can be at a stop light with the clutch pulled in or when I get home parked and idling (clutch disengaged) while i open the garage. When I let it warm up before riding it doesn't do it. After I ride it a mile or 2 it will start. The idle doesn't surge fast. It's kind of a "slow surge" up and down? thks

Johnny did the map about 1500 miles ago. No problem until recently. I don't think it's in the mapping, but I don't know.

call him anyway. I really dont have an answer, but he is very knowledgable man. :thumbsup:

I haven't been on this site for a bit...but i synced the throttle bodies and the surge disappeared and always starts the first try. Highly recommended. My bike had 6500 or so miles on it when i synched.

Thanks! Actually it was surging AND you could feel the slightest "knock" feel through the handlebars. I searched and searched until i found a post of "Wag"s stating the exact same symptoms. Synched the TBs and it's running, ideling and starting perfect now. This IMPORTANT (IMHO) procedure solved my problems. This forum is the "Hayabusa Information Highway"!

Lots of good info here for sure. As one of my friends use to say "Grip It and Rip It" :thumbsup:

After my first sync was so easy, i do it every 6000 miles or so as a matter of course...

Hey Ace this summer I'm coming over and maybe we can do a garage day maybe synch mine? Wardie

Back