change front sprocket

michael t

Registered
Has any one went to a 18 front sprocket I ride on street and not a drag racer any more . Those years are behind me way behind. In theroy should top out a little better. Might maker speedometer closer to true also. Just one of my winter projects ideas .

any thoughts

What year is your bike ? On my Gen I my speedo was off around 5%. I went down two teeth in the rear which calculated out to 207 MPH top end. The bike did not have any better top end and was sluggish down low because of it. It takes power to push beyond not just gearing. However that did correct my speedo for normal speeds. My Gen II speedo is accurate from the factory.

1 tooth bigger on the front is a big deal and it will make the bike feel a bit gutless !!
just go down 1t or maybe 2t at the rear if that's your thing as A its a lot easier to change and B not so extreme .

as said if you go with the front the speedo will need a healer for sure

What year is your bike ? On my Gen I my speedo was off around 5%. I went down two teeth in the rear which calculated out to 207 MPH top end. The bike did not have any better top end and was sluggish down low because of it. It takes power to push beyond not just gearing. However that did correct my speedo for normal speeds. My Gen II speedo is accurate from the factory.
My 2011 was off a lil over 5mph from the factory. My friends 08 was off 9mph from the factory. You got really lucky:thumbsup:

My 2011 was off a lil over 5mph from the factory. My friends 08 was off 9mph from the factory. You got really lucky:thumbsup:

I must have. It's been checked at 70 MPH only. I thought they might have done that as part of the Gen II improvements.

Back