CF Tomorrow!

Datsun350Z

Registered
Just wanted to let you guys know how excited I am about putting on the CF nosecone on tomorrow.

I've been putting it off for weeks because 3 of the mounting points on my headlight were broken, I epoxied them tonight, and they look good.

I need to get some bolts tomorrow, my stock nosecone has coarse threads for the headlight and turn signal mounting points. The CF nose has a fine thread and didn't include hardware.

I'll post a thread tomorrow in bike related with pics and fitment. :thumbsup:

It looks like 50 degree weather here, and even though i'm trying to get over being sick i'm gonna go ride till its dark after it's all put together.

so... no pics today.

Bad fitment, the whole piece is about 2 inches too wide. My mirror bolts won't even thread into the holes. The left turn signal doesn't fit, headlight opening is badly aligned

All 4 posts for the headlight mounting can be seen outside of the rubber grommets when the light is in place.

I'm not mad at the company, The fairings and fender fit perfectly, probably just a bad piece. Hopefully they will exchange it for a better fitting one.
Coincidentally the fender arrived today, perfect timing, I wasn't expecting it for a while.

On the bright side I still got about 4 hours of riding in today :beerchug:

so... no pics today.

Bad fitment, the whole piece is about 2 inches too wide. My mirror bolts won't even thread into the holes. The left turn signal doesn't fit, headlight opening is badly aligned

All 4 posts for the headlight mounting can be seen outside of the rubber grommets when the light is in place.

I'm not mad at the company, The fairings and fender fit perfectly, probably just a bad piece. Hopefully they will exchange it for a better fitting one.
Coincidentally the fender arrived today, perfect timing, I wasn't expecting it for a while.

On the bright side I still got about 4 hours of riding in today :beerchug:

Where did you buy this CF, ebay?

Back