My side business will be official tomorrow

Yes, you need a site to refer people to. Even a single page, something really simple is fine. If I google you- I need to be able to find you.

They are not that hard to make yourself, and plus google 'website template' for a landscape business, and the template probably run you $70. I use Dreamweaver for web creation, and host smaller sites at GoDaddy. Buy a domain name, they are like $15. Landscapebusiness.com- whatever it is. Simpler, the better (like pashnit.com :laugh:) Server space will run you $100 a year for more space than you'll need. Server space that has ads all over it is free.

How you are going to promote this business has been thought about? Not sure if this applies to you, but a simple technique to promote a new landscape business could work like this: Get a simple flyer printed up, half page, full page, whatever. Choose the neighborhood you want to target, a particular subdivision or part of town for example. And walk the neighborhood, either knock on every door, or drop off the flyer if every mailbox. Do this regularily, say every 2 months, 6 months, whatever. Add an incentive- 10% off first service, etc. June special, etc.
I will give you free service for a year (server space, hosting etc.. you buy the domain name) ... PM me and I will get you info you need....

look at overnightprints.com to get an idea for biz cards and congrats hope it works out for you

Last edited:
Back