Ceramic pads requiring special rotors?

I always laugh when people tell me that(I work at a parts store), most newer cars come with ceramic pads from the factory. I've been running ceramic pads on my cars(all are mid 80's to early 90's) for years never had any problem.

as for bike I didnt know they made ceramic pads for bikes, I always see HH or sintered pads.

Most performance based cars run ceramic. This is why I'm confused about the rubbing your rotors worse comments.

are we talking about a bike application or a car?!?!?! ???

these are two very different applications.

But braking is braking??? Yes?

EBC HH or EBC Pro are the industry standard. Why go with anything else? Pashnit has them in stock. I have EBC HH on my rear and it is wearing fantastic. Not too many people ever bad mouth the EBC HH or Pros, stick with the standard.....:thumbsup:

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :whistle: , .65 cent Coffee :thumbsup: . We must go to the same place ::::::: BIG MAC :laugh:

But braking is braking??? Yes?[/QUOTE]

Not exactly true. Alot depends on the type of riding you do and ALOT more to do with the weight of the vehicle. All of the nitro dragsters and funny cars use carbon/carbon brakes. These brakes work better the hotter they get,but ya wouldnt want to run those on a motorcycle driven on the street cuz they will never get hot enough to work properly and it wont stop the bike.

Car brake systems generate alot more heat than bike systems. The rotor desingns, the materials, the environment, the brake force, etc. are all different.

The pads and rotors on my car are very different from my bike.
But braking is braking??? Yes?

I wouldn't use anything but Kevlar pads. They will NOT harm the rotors and
they stop like gangbusters.!! I get mine off Ebay, been using them for years.
Get the ones without metal in them.
Happy New Year to all..!!

EBC HH or EBC Pro are the industry standard. Why go with anything else? Pashnit has them in stock. I have EBC HH on my rear and it is wearing fantastic. Not too many people ever bad mouth the EBC HH or Pros, stick with the standard.....:thumbsup:

Because EBC is expensive and i can get the same exact pads EBC make for 40 bucks online for the entire bike where it would cost 90 for EBC.

The only question here is the material of the break pads. EBC HH pads are semi metallic whereas this discussion is about ceramic pads

I wouldn't use anything but Kevlar pads. They will NOT harm the rotors and
they stop like gangbusters.!! I get mine off Ebay, been using them for years.
Get the ones without metal in them.
Happy New Year to all..!!

Tempted to get those. They are half the price of the ceramic pads.. like 30 bucks for a whole set for the busa

I need to find better pads that don't kick up as much dust.. i have the stock pad's and im changing them soon.. any ideas?

Back