center stand?

mike04busa

Registered
What do you think of center stands?Any problems stand out?Any thoughts would be helpful.
bowdown.gif

(mike04busa @ Mar. 18 2007,08:20) What do you think of center stands?Any problems stand out?Any thoughts would be helpful.
bowdown.gif
I wouldn't go with the center stand, get some spools and rear stand.

Not sure on the Busa, but on other bikes I've owned, the center stand was the first thing to drag on corners. I've considered trying one as well.

Cons-
Reduces ground clearance but if you don't hit the corners hard it doesn't matter.

You have to remove the belly wing, I removed my belly wing and I don't even have a center stand
tounge.gif

Pros-
You can clean and lube the chain anywhere.

You don't have to carry a rear stand with you on trips.

Useless option. More weight, less cornering clearance, missing wing and a pita to install. If there were some type of regular stand option available for my Hondas (which come stock with center stands) I'd remove remove them for the weight savings alone.

I can't even think of a single reason I'd need a center stand even on a trip. If I get a flat, it's not like I'm going to pull the rear wheel off on the side of the road, get out the tire irons and change the tire. Hell I'd like to see anyone get the castle nut off without the use of a large cheater pipe. I'll install an emergency plug and inflate with my portable air compressor.

Cleaning the chain while on a long road trip? Go into any parking lot and clean the chain as you normally would...instead of having the rear wheel in the air and rotating it, move the freakin' bike forward a few feet at a time.

Wouldn't live without it. If I go to a track, I can always take it off for a couple of days at the track if I want and put it back on for real life. Wouldn't live without it.

Welcome to the department of redundancy department!

--Wag--

This is so cool, I have seen the same trick using a stick! Of course you can always use a buddy to pull the bike over on the side stand to try and give you some clearence under the rear wheel. Better do the side stand mod before using this though.

"Hell I'd like to see anyone get the castle nut off without the use of a large cheater pipe. "

If you need a pipe to get it off, you have it on WAY too tight. Torque on it is only supposed to be 72.5 ft/lbs. I could see needing one if you dont take the cotter pin out first though....

jump9.gif

I have one--came with the bike (dealer installed). While all the CONS mentioned above are true, I like it for chain cleaning etc, 'cause I do lots of long distance riding. Have dragged it a few times, but generally not a problem. Extra weight? Well, I think the 'busa can handle it! LOL

I have one on my bike. It really is a nice feature to have when you are traveling or want to get the bike in the air. It also makes the bike very stable when parked.

However, I'm taking mine off and putting the wing back on because, even though it fits great with my newly installed Hindle Gen III pipe, the thing is ugly ugly ugly sticking out on the left side of the bike without that extra pipe and can hiding it!
cool.gif
tounge.gif

Back