Census 2010 threats?

Don'tcha know that's where the 190,000 new jobs this month came from?

Ha ha, I got that threatening post card in the mail the other day. I received the census forum about a month ago and completely forgot about it. I finally mailed it in last week sometime.

once again the board amazes me.....

you complain about the cost of the census.....complain about hiring all the "idiots" to walk door to door...

while bragging about how you refuse to complete the forms, even threatening one of the information gatherers....

something to think about:

1. it would be cheaper, if people would send the forms back.
2. the same US Constitution that provides your "Freedom of Speech" and Right to bear arms" also mandates that a census be taken....

I have 2 things to say about this and im done.

1. They aren't getting a thing from me.

2. This Census IS unconstitutional according to 13USC141

Have a good day. :)

2. the same US Constitution that provides your "Freedom of Speech" and Right to bear arms" also mandates that a census be taken....

A census is a count. The current state of the census as we see it today is an invasion of privacy. I completely understand why people are avoiding the paperwork when it requests unnecessary data.

I have 2 things to say about this and im done.

1. They aren't getting a thing from me.

2. This Census IS unconstitutional according to 13USC141

Have a good day. :)

With all due respect, that's a rather odd statement to make. How does US Code make something unconstitutional? Wouldn't a violation of the Constitution be the only thing that causes something to be unconstitutional?

Last edited:
hhmm, I've been on my own since I was 18 and never filled out a census form. Not even sure if I've ever gotten one in the mail! Does this mean I have a bunch of fines waiting for me?! :whistle:

To Vonderbach: The Constitution states, article I section 2, "The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct."

While 13USC141 states the following:

"(7) the use of statistical sampling or statistical adjustment
in conjunction with an actual enumeration to carry out the census
with respect to any segment of the population poses the risk of an
inaccurate, invalid, and unconstitutional census."

have you read this?

Yes I have

If I am wrong in my understanding I would be more than happy to discuss it further.

Section 7 of 13USC141 simply suggests that a "statistical" count would be unconstitutional. What this means is that you cannot take a survey of 1000 people and assume that it is a representative of the entire US population. In fact, that clause or section actually supports a complete census, which is what is taking place currently. Regardless, it still does not permit a demographic count, which in my opinion is unconstitutional.

Section 7 of 13USC141 simply suggests that a "statistical" count would be unconstitutional. What this means is that you cannot take a survey of 1000 people and assume that it is a representative of the entire US population. In fact, that clause or section actually supports a complete census, which is what is taking place currently. Regardless, it still does not permit a demographic count, which in my opinion is unconstitutional.

While I may be mistaken in my section you are correct it does NOT permit a demographic count. Which clearly question 8 and 9 go against.

That of course is my train of thought.

afterhours, I did fill it in and send it back in days...I was complaining about how much $ is wasted on this, that's all...

To Vonderbach: The Constitution states, article I section 2, "The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct."

While 13USC141 states the following:

"(7) the use of statistical sampling or statistical adjustment
in conjunction with an actual enumeration to carry out the census
with respect to any segment of the population poses the risk of an
inaccurate, invalid, and unconstitutional census."

Yes I have

If I am wrong in my understanding I would be more than happy to discuss it further.

i have no problem discussing it with you, but your stance on this does not seem clear...i don't see how this fortifies your position.

i have no problem discussing it with you, but your stance on this does not seem clear...i don't see how this fortifies your position.

I was already shown to have misunderstood that particular section but enlightened on another.

So let me ask you something.. What is your take on question 8? Constitutional or not?

While I agree there is one required every 10 years, should thatspecific question be placed in there? Why have question 8? Why are ONLY people of Hispanic origin be singled out?

That I do not understand. Perhaps another persons point of view will open my eyes, so to speak.

Under question 9, I encourgae everyone to mark "Other" and print American.

There is no reason for the government to know your race, sex, age, etc. If you are of legal voting age, then you are a adult citizen, pure and simple.

I was already shown to have misunderstood that particular section but enlightened on another.

So let me ask you something.. What is your take on question 8? Constitutional or not?

While I agree there is one required every 10 years, should thatspecific question be placed in there? Why have question 8? Why are ONLY people of Hispanic origin be singled out?

That I do not understand. Perhaps another persons point of view will open my eyes, so to speak.

I was not sure if you had pasted the wrong section, or there was another part that was the basis of your complaint about this....I am not trying to be an ass.

as far as Q's #8 and #9:

I think that it is an attempt to get an accurate account of the hispanic population, as this group is going to be a major cause for increased funding for most services.

1. the hispanic population is the fastest growing both thru immigration(legal and illegal) and by birth.

2. with a good amount of hispanic families, being headed by Illegal immigrants, legal immigrants or even 1st generation citizens, most do not want to tell the gov. who they are for fear of prosecution/ deportation or simple lack of trust of gov.

3. #8 is about getting more money for bi-lingual services, #9 is a standard question for the last 200 years....they want to know the racial make-up of the country. it can tell you if themoney from the gov. is being distributed fairly.

just my thoughts...

money distribution should be made on population alone...not race

The census is VERY important , its so YOUR area will get the proper amount of spending for schools, police, fire, ect... . I know they are pushy and they spend WAY to much doing it but it is the government after all . Alot of people in this country think that they don't have to do anything like this or jury duty . We as Americans DO have an obligation to these jobs as citizens.:rulez: my 2 cents

Back