?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
< Next Oldest | Next Newest >

da/man

HoleShot Member

Group: Holeshot Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
who does em and what are the good and the bad about em??

--------------
*holeshot member*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

timhays
timhays

Site Sponsor

Group: Site Sponsor

i do them and there stronger and provide more support to the crank then the cast block the oem and other 1464 kits are made from.the good is they make good power,we have pistons and gaskets in stock the blocks are made to order.

thanks

--------------
phone 704 713 9274

Remember that amatuers built the Ark------
-professionals built the Titanic

if its not broke
keep fixing it till it is

da/man

HoleShot Member

I am talking about stock blocks, cement filled. I think you are reffering to billit blocks.

--------------
*holeshot member*

Quicktime
Rudy Sanzottera

HoleShot Member

You cannot go that big in a stock block. You have to put a block on it when you are going bigger than 85 mm pistons. Call Tim and buy a bolck and pistons and you do not have to block fill it. Or go with a wet block if you want to ride on the street and lower the compression so it will live. Remeber the cast blocks are only as strong as the stock block and a billet block is stronger....

--------------
*HoleShot Member

timhays
timhays

Site Sponsor

filling a oem cast block will make it stronger,if theres anyone getting 86mm out of a factory cylinder take some photos and send it to me.

thanks Rudy.

--------------
phone 704 713 9274

if its not broke

da/man

HoleShot Member

I was only wondering because one was for sale on here and I was told it was a stock block that was cement filled and it was a 1464.. I wish i was mecheniclly enclined enought to know what works and what doesnt, thats why I statred the thread thanks for the input, now I know it cannot be done..

--------------
*holeshot member*

timhays
timhays

Site Sponsor

i seen that add too,i thought it was a typo or the guy meant to say 1430 instead.

--------------
phone 704 713 9274

if its not broke

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

cylinder bores "breath" as the engine runs through the powerstroke.. more power, more pressure, more cylinder deformation..

in "ULTRA" performance applications (say drag racing) cooling is not an issue but cylinder wall rigidity is.. as the walls deform, they leak... on a force induction app, this is deadly on the motor.. so they fill the water jackets with epoxy or "cement" even.. this takes a wet block and makes it a "dry" block...

this is a drag race only application btw, it will not last 20 minutes on the street... all of our Top Fuel motors are solid like this (behind the liners).. no water jackets..

cylinder bores  "breath" as the engine runs through the powerstroke..  more power, more pressure, more cylinder deformation..

in "ULTRA" performance applications (say drag racing) cooling is not an issue but cylinder wall rigidity is.. as the walls deform, they leak... on a force induction app, this is deadly on the motor.. so they fill the water jackets with epoxy or "cement" even.. this takes a wet block and makes it a "dry" block...

this is a drag race only application btw, it will not last 20 minutes on the street...  all of our Top Fuel motors are solid like this (behind the liners).. no water jackets..
cool info, thanks
thumb_up.gif

cylinder bores  "breath" as the engine runs through the powerstroke..  more power, more pressure, more cylinder deformation..

this is a drag race only application btw, it will not last 20 minutes on the street...  all of our Top Fuel motors are solid like this (behind the liners).. no water jackets..
WoW, that's interesting, I never even heard of such a thing.

Mr Bogus, I take it you've spent a little time around motorcycles, and race tracks, you know alot of $h!t !!!!
bowdown.gif

Is there anything else, that's wild like this that people do to "race bikes" ?

Not trying to jack your thred Bro, you just hit on something that blew my mind !! I thought for sure it was some kind of joke !!

Had a "discussion" with some vette lover on youtube about cars vs bikes and maxton/texas came up. Mentioned what the t-busa's did there and he tried saying they're not streetable and all run filled blocks and air cooled (no liquid cooling) to save weight and were overheating waiting at the line. Informed him those engines would do more then "overheat" if they were relying solely on air cooling and his report didn't match what was posted on the busa boards by the people that were there running bikes that do also serve as streetbikes. He didn't have much to say to after that.

I don't know of a single turbo busa LSR racer around that's running a dry block. Hell most have installed an extra radiator to cool the inlet temps. Way to much heat for a long duration means they're better off running a wet block.

Drag racers do all kinds of things. Alot has been adapted from the car folks as well. Block filling has been around for decades. Another benefit for the drag racer is they reduce parisitic losses by not running a mechanical water pump. Take it a step further with a custom crank trigger pickup and you can loose the stator too.

Psychobike scares me... a lot of our local SH*T talkers hang out on there...

umnik.gif
soaking it up like a sponge.

post_whore.gif

A lot of the 4cyl car guys go to a filled block once they switch to methanol, since it becomes an issue getting up to temp, not to mention the strength issue. Some of 'em run filled block and water cool the head.

cylinder bores "breath" as the engine runs through the powerstroke.. more power, more pressure, more cylinder deformation..

this is a drag race only application btw, it will not last 20 minutes on the street... all of our Top Fuel motors are solid like this (behind the liners).. no water jackets..
WoW, that's interesting, I never even heard of such a thing.

Mr Bogus, I take it you've spent a little time around motorcycles, and race tracks, you know alot of $h!t !!!!
bowdown.gif

Is there anything else, that's wild like this that people do to "race bikes" ?

Not trying to jack your thred Bro, you just hit on something that blew my mind !! I thought for sure it was some kind of joke !!
20+ years of drag racing and I was crew chief on a nitro funny car/AA Fuel Altered (match race car) and got to work with some pretty good tuners over the years.. Amos Saterlee, Roland Leong, Lance Larson, Frank Bradley, and some nice chat sessions with Austin Coil.. (we used to match race with John way before he got BIG money to race).. Had a few friends that went full time NHRA but most are lucky to make it a full season with costs so outrageous.. The most fun we had is running the AA/Fuel Altered races up and down the west coast..

A few may know what CIFCA is, Jaime took over my drag boat (I ran out of $$ after bad divorce) and later became president of CIFCA..

Just a lot of really good guys running race cars out there and it is a big family very much like the org is..

This was all while I owned a repair shop in Scottsdale and was heavily involved in Turbo system design and installation (AZ Speed and Marine was also doing great work on EFI systems for them)

A lot of the 4cyl car guys go to a filled block once they switch to methanol, since it becomes an issue getting up to temp, not to mention the strength issue. Some of 'em run filled block and water cool the head.
an Alcohol, as long as you are on the loud pedal, they will not heat up much.. the volume of fuel going through the motor keeps them cool... the heat comes when you 'click it off'

Back