Castrol Superbike 5w-40

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
Just curious to know what the best oil has been for everyone. Currently I am using Valvoline 20w-50 motorcycle oil. Have any of you tried the Castrol Superbike 5w-40 or any other full synthetics?

Mobil 1. Cheap, safe, effective, full synthetic. 20k miles, no problems, buy it at Wally World in the 5 quart jug 24-7. Whatever you run, either go dino or full synthetic. Semi-synthetics are marketing BS.
Oh yeah, you have to use non energy conserving to avoid clutch problems. 15W-50 Mobil 1 is non-EC.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112571326 -->

The 5/40 grade synthetics seem to be catching on. Shell Rotella is one example of a decent 5/40 oil.

I went to the Castrol site to see specs on that oil but they do not supply much.

I'm running a 5/40 in my little gixxer and it made quite a difference.

I've also just did the first service on my busa and went for a semi-synthetic with specs quite close to Amsoil 10/40 motorcycle for 1/4 the cost. I may switch to the 5/40 full synthetic later on.

Yeah, I am a huge fan of synthetics. I have always used Castrol Syntec in all of my vehicles. So far I have changed the oil in my 2005 Busa at 50 miles with Honda GN4 10w-40. Then Again at 500 miles with Valvoline 20W-50. I was getting little worried with the 10W-40 looking as thin as water. So i figured I would give the 20W-50 a try for now and switch to a full synthetic at 1000 miles. I was amazed at how expensive the Castrol Superbike oil is. Now I am just wondering, is it worth it, and is it too thin for the motor?

They recommend 10/40
wink.gif

None of the oils that you are talking about are available in INDIA
sad.gif

I went to purchase some Silkolene and they have two kinds, Race and Comp. They only have the Comp in stock and it appears to be the same as the Race kind (same price) $22.00 a quart!!!!!. Either way I will be doing another oil change and will try the Silkolene.

I went to the Castrol Race Oil at 4K miles on my gixxer1K and it started using a little oil. Every 500 miles I'd have to add a little. I went back to Suzuki dino oil and it stopped using oil. I read in one of the British magizines that this was typical with synthetics?

I think I will just stick with the Suzuki 10W40 oil. It's what Suzuki reccomends and if there is a problem, they can't deny service because I used a different oil. I don't intend to keep any of these bikes much past the warranty period so I think I'm better off to use Suzuki oil at $3 a quart?

I have heard guys say synthetic oil will actually increase your HP slightly due to less engine friction?

Honda Pro 4 stroke. Used syth castrol oil and I swear I had more fuggin engine problems, rod bearings, main bearing, rounded cam. While addressing the problems with various guru's they asked me if I was using sythn and was an aggressive rider. They were repairing the same problems. Stock style oil changed very often for me. Cheaper too.

JD

Back