carbon tank too fragile for street?

Wheels are the best way to go, rotational force is the biggest performance killer there is. That is why no M3's come with run flat tires, they are too heavy
beerchug.gif

Carbon will bust just like fiberglass if it recieves an impact. So yes it could catch on fire if you crash and had an impact to the tank since it can't just dent like the steel. I personally would run one on the street anyway though.

This is both true and false.
If the tank is using a polyester resing and a fiberglass lining in the interior of the tank. These tanks will crack with a light hit.
If the tank is made of all carbon fiber and lined with carbon kevlar using a ISO ester resin it will not crack. These tanks are offered from OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS INC.. I have seen them survive some serious crash damage and only have a scratched surface.

Go ahead and run the tank. You can't live life thinking "what if"

Go ahead and run the tank. You can't live life thinking "what if"

Very true. Besides do you really think your going to go down?? Well punk do ya? Sorry Clint's starting to come out again.

I like the look of the c/f but its not worth the "what if" and the cost to replace it.

A metal tank can puncture too. Even wear through in a slide. If it's gonna happen, It's gonna happen.

This is both true and false.
If the tank is using a polyester resing and a fiberglass lining in the interior of the tank. These tanks will crack with a light hit.
If the tank is made of all carbon fiber and lined with carbon kevlar using a ISO ester resin it will not crack. These tanks are offered from OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS INC.. I have seen them survive some serious crash damage and only have a scratched surface.
great info, that's what i was lookin for:beerchug:

Back